new here and my iswing

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site
I am new on here, i suffer from slicing the ball especially with the driver and was hoping that you lot could help meout a little.

10810.jpg

Thanks

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Oakey. Hi and welcome to the forum.
It would be a big help if you could post your swing on YOUTUBE and then post the link here.
Is that possible?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJjBZpp7grg&feature=youtube_gdata

sorry quality is not great, took the video camera and got there and the battery was flat,lol

We cant see much from that view but if you look at your footwork it's a bit "quiet"
Look at your right foot at this stage of your followthrough

ok.jpg

I'd rather see you more on your right toe at this stage.
Also from the stills I can see your back is a bit hunched over at address
Try and find some pictures of the tour players and see how their set up position differs from yours.
If you take a divot, does it point straight or left of where you're aiming?

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site
i never take a divot, have only been playing for about 2 months if that. My usual one of taking a divot is before the ball where i do not swing correctly, but this does not happen very often now.

To get onto my toe right toe at that point what do i need to do to correct this?

Thanks

Ian

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you were throwing a ball, you wouldn't have your feet planted in the ground would you?
It should be a natural movement.
As a guide...as the club approaches your right knee on the downswing, fire your right knee towards your left.
Follow?

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site
yeh i think i do follow what you mean, i will have a go tomorrow and try and get a few videos at better angles.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
yeh i think i do follow what you mean, i will have a go tomorrow and try and get a few videos at better angles.

When you film your swing again, can you have the camera positioned behind you ie down the line of the shot in between your feet and the ball. Also it helps if we can see where the clubhead is at the top of the swing.
Ta. :)

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After looking at the pics in the OP I have only one bit of advice for you - move the net further to the right before you put a hole in the fence! :D

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site
After looking at the pics in the OP I have only one bit of advice for you - move the net further to the right before you put a hole in the fence! :D

The ball i was using is only a plastic one ;)

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looks a great action to me for what its worth.

I think you could probably benefit from standing a fraction more upright but also flex your knees more. Keeping flex in your knees throughout the swing is pretty important I think. If your right leg straightens as it appears to do I dont think you will clear your right side and turn properly.

When I clear my right side fully it helps me to hit from the inside.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll leave Bob to get into your swing mechanics. But before you even get that far, posture, posture and posture.

Was the hitting mat put down to protect the grass??!! :D :D

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site
lol, yeh didnt want to make it any worse, lol.

Really need to sort the lawn out next year.

I will get the video on youtube later, at the moment it is uploading and taking ages as it was with the video camera.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Same as I said before, in my opinion. Get your stance a bit more over the ball, give your hands room to go back and down again on plane.