NEW - Gear Vault video and Challenge GM picture gallery...

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
Morning all,
Just to let you know that we've just put up the latest Gear Vault video in which I pick out my three favourites out of the 20 fairway woods tested for our impending 2008 Equipment Guide...
http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/2008_gear_guide_____3_wood_review_article_199984.html

... and also there is now a brand new gallery up showing all the action from the second Challenge GM match which took place a few weeks ago at The London Golf Club in Kent. If you want to know who won when GM took on a team of challengers from West Malling Golf Club in Kent, you'll need to check out the May issue out the end of next week
http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=3366
Cheers
Jezz

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
you'll need to check out the May issue out the end of next week
Jezz; Great - will check the links, but as to checking the May issue... How come I can buy the May issue in first week of April? You can buy most monthlies a month "early" but I've never understood why. Any particular reason from the publish world?

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
Not entirely sure. I think there are two vague theories:-
1) It's the result of competition between titles to get theirs out on the shelf first with the date gradually getting earlier and earlier.
2) It's because if it said April at the top and you were buying later on in the month, you might be tempted to think "it's nearly the end of April; I'll leave this one and wait for the May one".
Take your pick
JezzE

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
What an honest answer. I love it when people say they're not entirely sure. I go for option 2), or maybe 1).

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I suspect 2 is closer. We write technical manuals and you always put the target publishing date as the effective date even when parts of the manual may be written up to two or three <u>years</u> earlier.