New drivers cant help me!?!

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nothing wrong with 11 deg launch angle if it is on the fairway. The longest hitters I play with don't launch it high. Maybe in Florida a high launch is advantageous but not in windy East Lothian.

There are quite a few golfers at my club using R7 or R9 with great results.

chimpo1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I went to a new independent store that has recently opened up a short distance from me. They offer custom fitting for free so I went with an open mind to see if the new drivers could offer me an improved distance and or dispersion. They had a good range of shafts in store and all major brands of drivers. To be honest, my knowledge of shafts is limited so I trust what is put in my hands. I don’t mind having to stick with my 11s as I know that it does a good job for me, but there is no golfer playing that doesn’t want more distance and forgiveness.

Coach... I have lessons regularly (1 per month) and he hasn’t mentioned doing anything with my hands through impact (not yet anyway). My swing speed is a steady 95mph, my current driver is 10.5 and most of what I tried today was the same.
We looked at impact position and although I caught plenty out of the middle the ones that weren’t tended to be towards the high heel.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Coach... I have lessons regularly (1 per month) and he hasn’t mentioned doing anything with my hands through impact (not yet anyway). My swing speed is a steady 95mph, my current driver is 10.5 and most of what I tried today was the same.
We looked at impact position and although I caught plenty out of the middle the ones that weren’t tended to be towards the high heel.

cool ! would listen to the pro - not sure why the fitters would say 'rotate the hands' as that's not really how it works
as a good ball park LA at that kinda chs would be ball park 13º-14º

am sure you will talk through the fit experience with the pro - good thing is they didn't try to 'sell' you the new driver regardless so at least you can have some confidence in the place for the future

sure a specific driver lesson/s looking at posture/set-up/ball position & tying that in with optimum launch conditions for you - paying attention to dynamic loft at strike - AoA - spin rate & why the near misses of strike tendency is to heel side would begin to give you some real good improvements