New clubs

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I've been thinking over the past few days how this coronavirus pandemic will affect golf club manufacturers, surely the sales for clubs etc will be very low and with the economy in the state its predicted to be in they are unlikely to sell at the kind of volumes they are accustomed to. So for manufacturers on yearly release cycles they could be making a big loss this year, then again they might delay the release dates for new clubs for a year to try and recoup some of the cost. Also the amount of pro's up and down the country forking out on demo kits etc, I feel the manufacturers are going to have to cut them a deal otherwise alot of gear could be going for very low prices just to recoup the outlay for the kits

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been thinking over the past few days how this coronavirus pandemic will affect golf club manufacturers, surely the sales for clubs etc will be very low and with the economy in the state its predicted to be in they are unlikely to sell at the kind of volumes they are accustomed to. So for manufacturers on yearly release cycles they could be making a big loss this year, then again they might delay the release dates for new clubs for a year to try and recoup some of the cost. Also the amount of pro's up and down the country forking out on demo kits etc, I feel the manufacturers are going to have to cut them a deal otherwise alot of gear could be going for very low prices just to recoup the outlay for the kits
I imagine any new line releases will be delayed until courses are actually open, or sales would be almost non-existent.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I imagine any new line releases will be delayed until courses are actually open, or sales would be almost non-existent.
I think you're right. No-one to sell too it makes no sense to release until courses are fully open. I would suppose the releases are probably ready to go so I can see a real glut of releases once we get back out