New clubs = twice as bad.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A little update from me, I have since had 2 lessons since my club alterations, both highlighting the fact I'm opening the club face too early on my swing, my ball striking has improved since I addressed this.

However the grips on my clubs were put on wrong too thick and not straight, they're also in fact 1" longer than standard and the swing weight has not been balanced. I also cannot get on with the stiff shafts!

So ultimately after 2 lessons and multiple rounds of golf the club's are going. I'm going to revert to standard everything length, loft, lie and shaft. Work on my swing and then when I can get my swing consistent or feel that custom fitting is going to be beneficial for me, I may do that.

It got to the point in my last round where I didn't play the last 2 holes because I was losing my love. Not being able to hit an iron off the tee really .... me off.

so that's that.

I hope it goes well. Golf is a hard enough game without having to fight against clubs that you're not comfortable with.

I've been playing for about 8 years, and I'm only just confident enough with my swing that I think it might be sufficiently repeatable to produce useful statistics over more that a minute by minute timeframe....

With shafts especially, the maxim about playing the softest one you don't wobble around like liquorice is not far off imho.