New clubs have arrived

jcooper5083

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi all,

Yesterday I took delivery of my brand new clubs from the Taylormade factory where I have a friend that works there.

I had the following delivered:
R11s 10.5 degree driver
R11s 4 wood
R11s rescue
R11 4 - 9 iron with PW/SW

As you can imagine I am very happy with the shinny new clubs and very much looking forward to getting on the course with them although my question is about the set up of the clubs and how best to go about any adjustments on them.

they are all currently set up at neutral however is it best to get down the range in order to see if I need to adjust them or go play a round and then see?

many thanks

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd go and see a pro, have him watch you hit a few balls, and have him set them up for you. Then, crucially, leave them alone!

definitely agree with this. Get them on the right setting & leave them, otherwise the little voice inside your head will be constantly telling you they are wrong.

Go see a pro get on trackman etc

jcooper5083

Club Champion
Visit site
Thanks peeps.

I have my usual lesson this weekend and it is a 9 hole on course lesson so this will be a good time to get him to look at everything.

Looking forward to hitting these new clubs.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would try leaving everything neutral for at least a short period of time, several rounds and range sessions at least, that way you can see your natural ball flight and shot shape over a period of time and then change the set up if you wish.
If you go straight away and set them up one way or another and things go wrong, you wont know whats happening as you wont be fully aware of what you were doing to start with.
nice bats all the same, enjoy them :)

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
no advice etc here cos its not fair :)

if however you get me a bargain some time then I will be more than happy to advise :thup:

enjoy the clubs fella