New Camera Fake - Gutted so having a rant.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ordered a little action cam thing through Amazon about a month ago. One of the SJ Cam 4000's. Got good reviews online, cheap as chips, so thought it'd be perfect for what I needed (just to make golfing dvd of our upcoming Scotland trip).

Turns up on Wednesday from China so I had a quick look over it, very quick test and everything seems all tickety boo.

Anyway, had a proper look at it last night, tried to update the firmware and it fails. Took it out for a proper video test and the picture is flaming awful. Very pixelated, only outputs an avi fil not mov like it should and it's closer to being an etch-a-sketch than 1080p!

Just gutted! Complaint email sent off to Amazon and the vendor (UKVALWORLD - Do Not Use these, they've started getting lots of bad reviews after I'd already purchased) asking for a refund. How would I stand for the refund, would it be like buying something from an actual shop where you're contract is with the shop and not the original supplier? So in this case I'd just have to deal with Amazon?

I have found one from a UK seller on eBay that looks legit, so used the credit card to buy this one instead of my standard bank transfer with paypal. Scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. Hope so as I'm off up the road at 7.30am on Wednesday!

Anyway. Rant over.

DCB

Visit site
You should be okay with Amazon, make sure they are aware the seller is passing off cheap crap intsead of the real thing. Seems to be rather a lot of these coming from china when you look at the sellers. I'd avoid it on that basis alone.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
In my experience amazon have a very good return policy and dealt with one issue I had very quickly. As the last thing they want is a reputation of a seller of fake goods, so I'm sure you'll be fine. And if not get tweeting them or facebooking them as that normally makes companies do something. But go through the proper channels first.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Bought an sd card from eBay two year ago, same thing, good reviews until a week after mine was posted from China. It was that fake it would not fit in camera. Set up a dispute with EBay who said send it back to China and I will get refund. I told them "what so they can post it to someone else". Got brass back eventually.