Nest, Hive or Momit

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking to get a smart thermostat for the house and was looking for anyone's experiences. Momit is offered to EDF customers and had never heard of it until today.

Thanks in advance.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Resurrecting thread as I’m in the market for a smart thermostat. I’ve seen a fair amount of expert reviews, with different systems being no.1.

Hive, Nest, Tado, Drayton and Honeywell are the main ones on the market, with the first three the most well known. I believe that Hive and Tado are the ones (of the main three) that do zonal. I think that’s what I’m after, but looking for opinions covering installation, ease of use, reliability, zone working and integration with Alexa, etc.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Resurrecting thread as I’m in the market for a smart thermostat. I’ve seen a fair amount of expert reviews, with different systems being no.1.

Hive, Nest, Tado, Drayton and Honeywell are the main ones on the market, with the first three the most well known. I believe that Hive and Tado are the ones (of the main three) that do zonal. I think that’s what I’m after, but looking for opinions covering installation, ease of use, reliability, zone working and integration with Alexa, etc.
We had Tado at our old place, but no zonal heating as we were very early adopters. What I did like is that it didn't heat when both our our mobile phones were out of the house, but if one of us was getting closer it started to go on if we were in our heating times. But we could overwrite remotely, so we never entered cold apartment.

Currently we idon'thave any smart thermostat like that but something else where I don't entirely know how it works.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had Hive for a couple of years. Bags of scheduling options. Easy to use with SMS, mobile app or PC. Very pleased with it

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Another Hive owner here. We got the Hub, Thermostat and system unit installed for £125 on offer by Brit Gas while they serviced our system.

We have CCTV which was installed well before Hive came out so in all honesty it does more than we need so once set up it just sits there!