MZ MX100 or MX 1000

bam1bam1

Hacker
Visit site
Hi, can any body help with the real difference between the Mizuno MX 100 and MX 1000 Irons.

I am planning to invest in some new irons and I like the look of the Mizuno clubs, whilst I will try out both sets of irons (amongst others) before I buy I would like to understand the pro's and cons or just plain differences between them.

Thanks in advance.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
In my opinion, to play with, almost nothing.

The mx100 were the entry-level club and the 1000s the other end of the scale. One is a simple cavity-backed club and the other uses technology developed over the years by Mizuno with sets like mx900, mx950, fli-hi irons etc. The 1000s will have high MOI "hollow" constructed faces. I don't think the 1000s have a slightly-hybrid-style 5/6/7 iron in the same way as the 900s and 950s had, but that's not such a bad thing.

Whatever, make sure you get a good price, these are both OLD sets now.

If I was buying, I'd go for the old 200s/300s.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site

Agree, the 100s are very much super GI clubs and are cast too.

Yes. I had a set of "entry-level" cast Mizunos and they were nowhere near as good as my 900s.

Having said all that, I still reckon you've either got to be brilliant or really quite rubbish to notice much on the course. I have days (not recently!) when I miss nearly all the greens and salvage a few pars to play to h'cap - I can't see the clubs make any difference. :(

A

Alex1975

Agree, the 100s are very much super GI clubs and are cast too.

Yes. I had a set of "entry-level" cast Mizunos and they were nowhere near as good as my 900s.

Having said all that, I still reckon you've either got to be brilliant or really quite rubbish to notice much on the course. I have days (not recently!) when I miss nearly all the greens and salvage a few pars to play to h'cap - I can't see the clubs make any difference. :(

Its all about confidence, if you look down the club and think, "you look nice, I feel like i can hit you well".... then you can.

hangover

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Having hit both sets of irons in the past. I'd say the mx1000 are by far the better irons. You can pick up the mx1000's for £299 now at online golf which is a cracking price for them.