My TV Confusion

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My TV connections confuse me massively - am I getting a 'signal' wirelessly or through an ethernet connection or my Sky box - through whatever? - I don't know even know what an antenna is these days. I just struggle along.

And so for me posting this. I am watching TV on my Sony using Youview. But some channels work - and other tell me. No signal. Please check you antenna connection. What antenna? Why some and not others when I am trying to view all through through Youview. I really just don't get it...

And a little earlier I was trying to go onto Netflix - and it immediately flicking back to TV. Meanwhile TV in front room is telling me 'No internet connection'. But my internet must be OK as I can get onto Youtube in my backroom TV.

Why do TVs have to be so bleedin' complicated these days :(

Any thoughts anyone about what the blazes is going on

(I rebooted my wireless router and the TVs and still issues)

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
My TV connections confuse me massively - am I getting a 'signal' wirelessly or through an ethernet connection or my Sky box - through whatever? - I don't know even know what an antenna is these days. I just struggle along.

And so for me posting this. I am watching TV on my Sony using Youview. But some channels work - and other tell me. No signal. Please check you antenna connection. What antenna? Why some and not others when I am trying to view all through through Youview. I really just don't get it...

And a little earlier I was trying to go onto Netflix - and it immediately flicking back to TV. Meanwhile TV in front room is telling me 'No internet connection'. But my internet must be OK as I can get onto Youtube in my backroom TV.

Why do TVs have to be so bleedin' complicated these days :(

Any thoughts anyone about what the blazes is going on

(I rebooted my wireless router and the TVs and still issues)

I think you are asking the wrong demographic here, you need to ask a 14 year old who will sort it out in seconds. So try a Grime forum.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I think you are asking the wrong demographic here, you need to ask a 14 year old who will sort it out in seconds. So try a Grime forum.

Aye - you're probably not wrong there @HK

Anyway - seem to have fixed backroom TV issue by checking and redoing co-axial ariel connectors - then retuning. Though not at all sure whether or not YouView is 'aeriel' or 'wireless internet' fed. By the sounds of it it could be both...

And still don't know why getting No internet connection for TV in front room...

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's why I still have Ethernet cables around the house . I lose wi fi signal sometimes just by closing the bedroom door.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I don't get it.

I've fixed my internet connection issue with the TV in my front room. When testing the connection and the checking the wireless router details on the TV I noticed that the router password was showing in lower case - and I know that it is upper case on the router. I had previously noticed this but thought nothing of it as the TV has been connecting to the internet perfectly for the last four months since we bought - besides - I thought the password was not case sensitive in any case.

But as I had tried everything else (including plugging directly from the powerlink into the TV) and nothing worked - well I thought I might as well have a go re-entering the password upper case, and yup - worked straight off.

So how come, what has changed? I certainly haven't changed the password as entered in the TV to lowercase - and it's been working just fine - until it just stopped.

I don't get technology.