My Swing

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It's been a long time but here's a video from my lesson on Wednesday. Those of you who can remember previous offerings or have seen the thing I call a swing up close and personal, will know that it's never going to be textbook. There is still an over swing, which is the main point of focus for the winter, and the head still moves more than I would like but nowhere near as much as it did.

It's infinitely better than a year ago, and having had a rough season with health and other problems, my golf has been stop/start and I'm frustrated that what I have, has far less moving parts and is much more repeatable and functional and the season is over.

Plenty of work still to do but for now I'm happy, especially with the posture and tempo, two big areas that I've struggled with and worked hard on. I've dug a previous incarnation from a way back (probably three or four years at least) to give a comparison

Last Wednesday

Old swing (very old!)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Definitely improved the posture and less of an overswing. Still looks like you're coming up a little early. Tempo a bit of a blur.

But if, as you say, you're happy with it, fine.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
It's been a long time but here's a video from my lesson on Wednesday. Those of you who can remember previous offerings or have seen the thing I call a swing up close and personal, will know that it's never going to be textbook. There is still an over swing, which is the main point of focus for the winter, and the head still moves more than I would like but nowhere near as much as it did.

It's infinitely better than a year ago, and having had a rough season with health and other problems, my golf has been stop/start and I'm frustrated that what I have, has far less moving parts and is much more repeatable and functional and the season is over.

Plenty of work still to do but for now I'm happy, especially with the posture and tempo, two big areas that I've struggled with and worked hard on. I've dug a previous incarnation from a way back (probably three or four years at least) to give a comparison

Last Wednesday

Old swing (very old!)

Take away and backswing on your 'new' swing are far too fast! Slowing down to a mere blur should help.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I preferred the old swing :whistle:

so do i.

photobucket does nothing for my creaking laptop.

take away looks miles outside and you seem to have developed a flying right elbow.

cant see much more due to the video seemingly be unable to play. i can only see jumping frames.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Played OK for me, the only think with PB is that you can look through the whole album :eek:

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tempo looks better in the old video.

Best part for me was the little club twirl/ slide right at the end. 👍

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
[video=youtube_share;3NIEUs4U9AM]https://youtu.be/3NIEUs4U9AM[/video]

The biggest problem most golfers have is posture. I'm being critical here but you're clearly coming up out of the shot. The vid of poulter shows how he maintains his head height and notice he stands more upright than you. If you started more upright then chances are you wont be able to come out of the shot because you'll be starting there in the first place. Just my thoughts and considering you're always trying to find that magic bullet, nothing wrong with that, I think you need to slow it down and get someone with a long enough rod to stand in front of you holding it on the top of your head when you swing.

Last edited:

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looked like a nice shot :thup:

Quite an upright swing which isnt a bad thing (Freddie Couples springs to mind). Does seem quick on the way back and your height goes up and down a lot which could lead to inconsistencies in strike. I like Tommo's idea above. Also , maybe try this drill to help the back swing......

https://youtu.be/QQ-6tWO_KK4