My Swing

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To anyone that would like to give some constructive criticism, please see below - think this was with a 6i.

[video=youtube_share;azFkuejJqYk]http://youtu.be/azFkuejJqYk[/video]

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Looks just a bit out to in - though that impression tends to be exaggerated by by this camera setup.

Also seems a bit upper body and arms driven, with legs simply reacting. bit more weight shift on the backswing - into the right instep is the standard expression and a bit more drive on the downswing, then in-to-out swing is encouraged - as long as timing can be sorted. Arms need to drop rather than cast.

Looks like a swing that could be pretty consistent as-is though, so changing might cause more trouble than it's worth!

Usual disclaimer - for proper advice GSaP!

Ian_S

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Agree with other comment on the posture, but looks not too shabby. Do you have a typical miss that we might look for causes of?

Unrelated, and without wanting to come across too much of a jerk, but you know you can clip your videos so that a swing video isn't 30 seconds long. It's not a go at you, everyone seems to do it. It's the YouTube equivalent of a TL;DR.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looks just a bit out to in.

Also seems a bit upper body and arms driven, with legs simply reacting. bit more weight shift on the backswing - into the right instep is the standard expression and a bit more drive on the downswing, then in-to-out swing is encouraged - as long as timing can be sorted. Arms need to drop rather than cast.

Kinda spot on I'd say. I'm not one for putting a load into my shots and swing with what I think is a nice tempo that suits me.

I do slice my driver quite a lot and have noticed when on the range that if I grip my right hand slightly harder than I naturally do and (ensuring the grip stays on the pressure points?) and really attack the ball just before impact my erm, forum fade, does lessen somewhat.

Ian, i'm a biggish slicer with my driver so out-to-in all the way but my irons tend to fade just slightly, sometimes not at all. And sorry about the clip length...First ever time I've uploaded to YouTube!

Cheers peeps.

Last edited: