My swing

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ok seeing as 23rdman was brave enough to show us his (Oh err!)
Here is a couple of mine with my semi retired Srixon W506 driver, I say semi retired as I am currently trialling the Mizuno mp600.
The camera was mounted on the ground so I do look like im overswinging, I can safely say I am not!
I hit a fair ball and usually a nice draw starting down the right side of the fairway back into the middle (when im playing my game!) and in this case I was a little fast on the backswing. This clip was taken back at the end of summer and have slowed my backswing for a more rythemed take away, also excuse the belly! I have removed over a stone since! all C&C taken gracefully.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
had to click on full size to get it to work. Am no pro but i would say that looks good brendy.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Putting is inconsistant and when I do lose a teeshot off a fairway I sometimes get the cavalier head on, My handicap was 6 last year and ballooned to 9 purely because I wasnt getting practice (nor sleep) with our second daughter was on her way, now shes 6 months old and into a routine, I can sneek out and get an hour or two's practice during the week so Ill be really shocked if It doesnt start to come back down again.
The chipping and short game is fairly good, im confident and I suppose have honed in a little due to my putting. Ive been mainly practicing that due to the weather recently so again, fingers crossed my new technique tweaks will have paid off come March time.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
when's it due brendy? ;)

I take ALL the precautions!
2235397150_da3f07e2e8_m.jpg

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
And another odd angled clip of my iron play, this time the sandwedge on the practice area, just in front of the 100 yd markers, When I try to force my sandwedge I end up oing everywhere but straight so this swing suits me best.

Gasp

Head Pro
Visit site
Brendy both swings look solid to me. You're right about the take away with the driver, looked a bit like you were ever so slightly picking up the club, which can happen with a quick take away (A Macdonalds) but then again that might just have been the angle. But sounds like you've fixed that anyway

The wedge swing is lovely, very compact and controlled. Your handicap's comming down soon mate.

time_vans

Head Pro
Visit site
grip it and rip it...wow there is some power there! I thought the film speed had been tampered with such is the speed of your rotation. the only thing my swing has in common with yours is we both posses the same body contours(fellow comfy club member) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Not anger issues madandra haha, I hope thats not the way I come across on the course!
The funny thing is right from day 1 I have always given the ball plenty of welly, my dad, when I started playing, was built similar to myself maybe less a stone or so. He couldnt hit the ball more than 210 off the tee as his feet squirmed too much and didnt transfer his weight, it looked to me like he was snatching at the ball rather than intending to hit it.
My main thought when hitting the ball is, If you dont hit it, how do you expect to score round a course. Babying it doesnt work in my eyes.