My Swing - sorry about the focus

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really bad blurred video of my swing - sorry, first go at iphone video.

Please feel free to poke fun, throw stones, call me names etc - I know it's bad, but scabbing it round is fun :mmm:

It's a 7iron.

1st one, I nearly fell onto my bag as the finish was so out of balance.
2nd was a bit better.

A

Alex1975

Nice and smooth! Cannot even see you being off balance, I am going to start posting blurred videos :D

No really though it is a nice clean looking swing with not too many viable moving parts. How far do you hit your 7i?

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lovely swing , if you dont want it i will take it ha ,

You do something with your right arm/hand just before take away , its like you tence your forearm or something what is that .. still a lovely swing tho ..

Just noticed your handicap .. i hate you ha ha (only kidding )

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
You do something with your right arm/hand just before take away , its like you tence your forearm or something what is that .. still a lovely swing tho ..
Yeah, sort of - don't know how to describe it really. Not so much of a tensing thing, just kind of kick starts my swing.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
excellent tempo :cool:
yes you were off balance at the 1st swing- just hurried that one a tad from the top.

Takeaway is textbook:thup:
Lag is great halfway into downswing.........

why do you think you have a bad swing?

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
.......... just hurried that one a tad from the top.

why do you think you have a bad swing?

Your first comment answers your question DV - all my bad stuff is short and quick, try to make up the power in the downswing with some brute force and ignorance which then gives anything from a high toey chop, through low necky cut to pipe "fore right"!!!!! :(

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Your first comment answers your question DV - all my bad stuff is short and quick, try to make up the power in the downswing with some brute force and ignorance which then gives anything from a high toey chop, through low necky cut to pipe "fore right"!!!!! :(

interesting, funnily enough I was going to say I bet you have a few J arthurs but I didnt want to offend. I have a few myself and I think your swing is similar to mine hence my conclusion.
Mine stems from 2 things which I think are also similar to you and I'm working on just now.

1. Trying to power it from the top resulting in smothered pull hooks or high 'cricket' shots to the right- need to get the lower half working first and in unison with the upper half
2. Early extension! hips are moving in towards the ball first as opposed to slide and turn (my thoughts and probably not official text book before anyone jumps in)

The beauty with a swing like yours is it's only a tweak or a swing thought that can put you back into the slot, it's just recognizing what tweak or thought works for you.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was going to suggest a pipe too....is your weight too much on your toes? Not much but that would also account for the falling forward.

Stand up straighter and be more 'athletic' at set up.....

Far better than me BTW!!

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That swing will never work

here are a few suggestions

1. set up with 95% of your weight on the back foot
2. Change your grip, far too neutral, turn both hands 90 deg clockwise
3. Alignment is wrong, adjust so facing 45 deg right of target
4. Reduce overswing by keeping arms like rigid and swing 3/4
5. Flip with hands at impact for better contact
6. Lose balance at end for consistency and direction improvements
7. Get clubs fitted, you need at least 10 deg upright lie angle looking at the video
8. Buy 13 hybrid clubs
9. Change ball to a Slazenger distance ball
10. Get a trolley, carry bags are for wimps

Hope that helps, apart from that a decent swing and i am sure your handicap will change if you adopt my swing changes

Good Luck

PS My advice is proven to work as i use it all the time and my results are best described as doubtful !!

ONLY JOKING SUPERB SWING KEEP IT UP

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
That swing will never work

here are a few suggestions

1. set up with 95% of your weight on the back foot
2. Change your grip, far too neutral, turn both hands 90 deg clockwise
3. Alignment is wrong, adjust so facing 45 deg right of target
4. Reduce overswing by keeping arms like rigid and swing 3/4
5. Flip with hands at impact for better contact
6. Lose balance at end for consistency and direction improvements
7. Get clubs fitted, you need at least 10 deg upright lie angle looking at the video
8. Buy 13 hybrid clubs
9. Change ball to a Slazenger distance ball
10. Get a trolley, carry bags are for wimps

Hope that helps, apart from that a decent swing and i am sure your handicap will change if you adopt my swing changes

Good Luck

PS My advice is proven to work as i use it all the time and my results are best described as doubtful !!

ONLY JOKING SUPERB SWING KEEP IT UP

At last - some constructive suggestions!!! :)

Which trolley btw?

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
At last - some constructive suggestions!!! :)

Which trolley btw?

Any trolley from the local supermarket should do, might need winter wheels perhaps

Another good tip is swing left handed with right handed clubs, cack handed is the best description as a swing thought, never fails me

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Very nice Robo. Can see now why your off your current handicap.

Could watch you hit balls all day. Maybe I should, might get that bit lower myself lol

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
er_zps8c1e1d3a.jpg

:) :thup: