My slice is cured (I hope)

Captain_Black

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Well, after suffering for months & moaning on here about it, I think I have cured my slice with the Driver.
I had tried everything to cure it, yesterday I went out to practice & went through a check list for my set up & swing, everything seemed ok to me, but I was still slicing?

So I rechecked everything again, one of the checks was to put a club on the floor to check my alignment, my feet / legs were parallel, but when I checked my shoulders they were pointing to the left of the target even though I felt as though I was standing perfectly square my upper body was not aligned correctly.

I then squared up my shoulders & hit a few drives, the swing felt a bit strange a first, but the ball started flying straight with a really nice flight.
Once I got a bit more comfortable with my new stance position, I went off & played 18 holes & never sliced the ball once in the whole round.

I can't believe that in all this time whilst making sure my feet / legs were aligned it never occurred to me to check my shoulders!!!
I just hope I have found a lasting cure, because it has been driving me nuts.

Just thought I would share this for all the other poor souls on here that are suffering with a dreadful slice.

philsh

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Its driving me nuts aswell the slice but I also have a habbit of doing a driving pitch shot off the tee :confused: I've gave up trying to fix it myself so having a lesson. I hope it has cured it for you.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
I read somewhere, might have been on here, that Lee Westwood spends more time working on alignment than anything else. A lessong for us all me thinks.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There is a reason for this with the driver and FW in particular as the right side for a rh golfer is angled away from the target to encourage an upward strike, this move often moves the shoulders out of alignment

Warning...... the slice can be caused by out to in swinging and open club face so be careful that these do not creep in

Starting the downswing with the upper body before the lower body is a prime slice result normally when you are swinging harder !

Good luck hope you have solved it for good , next aim for a draw shape