My S&T-ish swing

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ok then, as JustOne has obliged, I thought I'd front up as well with a couple of S&T-ish videos.

It's early days and I'm still missing quite a few key moves. The FO view in particular shows signs of by old sway off the ball at the start of the swing

[video=youtube;NPpERrWh_LY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPpERrWh_LY&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]

[video=youtube;Ig15_i9eSDs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig15_i9eSDs&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]

Left knee collapsing inwards is also a concern at the moment.

Give me both barrels, I can take it! :mmm:

And yes, it is a nice bobble hat.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
If you flare out the left foot to at least 30° your knee will point more towards the ball during your backswing and not collapse. It will also give you a more solid base and enable you to turn through easier. The knees shouldn't be 'pinched together' in fact you should look more like you've just gotten off a horse.

Edit: If memory serves you said exactly this when looking at Gareth's swing :confused::D:D LOL

Last edited:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
James will probably be along shortly to help out with a more in-depth review.

The only thing I can see (In the iron video) is a slight movement off the ball into the back swing but it's only slight.

The driver I'm not to sure of as I'm still working on the pattern myself.

Very good effort IMO.

I'm going to try and film mine tomorrow morning, problem is it's presentation evening tonight and I may be a little grey tomorrow :mmm:

Edit: Scratch the 1st sentence. He beat me to it :rofl:

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If you flare out the left foot to at least 30° your knee will point more towards the ball during your backswing and not collapse. It will also give you a more solid base and enable you to turn through easier. The knees shouldn't be 'pinched together' in fact you should look more like you've just gotten off a horse.

Edit: If memory serves you said exactly this when looking at Gareth's swing :confused::D:D LOL

The maxim of all "experts" (cough) James, is do as I say not as I do..... :whistle:

This clip is a couple of weeks old and so the foot flare thing was something I picked up recently... funny how easy it is to spot things in someone else's swing but not your own.

Thinking it might be easiest to just develop rickets to get the knee position :D

Will flare it in my game tomorrow and see how we go......

Last edited:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Bobmac will be along to comment in a while......

Oh wait. No he won't.

:whistle::whistle:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
James posted a video a while back of Mike Bennett hitting 17 shots in a row (without fatting one :thup:

What I took from the video is that the slide doesn't appear massive and it just a bump to get your weight going from centre towards your left side. If I can find the link when I get home I'll post it :thup: