My Mini Range At Home.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good stuff Alex, just dismantled the kids trampoline in my garden and am going to set one up,better to get your garden done first before filming,lol

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Oh Alex that is going to end in tears. Either you will slip on your arse (beginners mistake hitting with the grain of the decking!) or you are going to miss the sheet, just the once....

A

Alex1975

Oh Alex that is going to end in tears. Either you will slip on your arse (beginners mistake hitting with the grain of the decking!) or you are going to miss the sheet, just the once....

I have already fallen foul to that just one thing. Wind blew the sheet up ball hit the bench behind and hit me. Also lots of ball in the field behind too :eek:. I can't get to the range like I could last year and my study is now the baby's room so at least I have this.... Till it gets dark.

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Reduce the risk of missing the net or it blowing up.

Thread some curtain wire through the bottom edge and screw it into the decking, not too tight but just enough so it wont blow up. And maybe move more central and a touch closer, much less chance of missing.

You could all spray scoring zones on it to practise onto the sheet too. I hope you've copyrighted it. :)

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
alex, def get a bigger sheet or weigh it down
secondly get something else to stand on, decking and especially wet/damp/moist decking is no use for a firm footing, your brain will sense that and you'll end up with an swing all arms so you dont slip or fall, screw down a bit of astro turf to stand on and dont hit anything less than a 4 iron so you dont miss(or is it a field behind)

A

Alex1975

If I secure the bottom of the net(sheet) it tends to rip plus I really am not that fussed about losing balls, the field behind is derelict but there is a VERY thick ivy bush too. I think I will make some sand bags to semi secure the bottom. The astro to stand on is a good idea although the decking is treated so has not been slippy so far. I cant stand any closer as the club hits the sheet and that hurts!

I did however quickly learn to use 6 iron to hybrid as its all too easy to hit a high one with 7 and below :) and 3 wood and driver is a little long.

The Trackman is not due to come until next week but the power is all hooked up! :p Damn that thing is expensive!!

Last edited:
A

Alex1975

looks fine and so does the swing ;)

Thanks a lot, I am not to proud to take a complement, though I could pick the swing to bits I have to confess its feeling good.

The net is great for 20 or 30 shots a night.

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The super slo-mo gives the whole thing a VERY sinister quality :eek:

When you walk into shot with the club, I'm not sure if you're going to swing it or beat someone to death with it, then wrap them in the plastic sheeting....

Unsettling. ;)

A

Alex1975

The super slo-mo gives the whole thing a VERY sinister quality :eek:

When you walk into shot with the club, I'm not sure if you're going to swing it or beat someone to death with it, then wrap them in the plastic sheeting....

Unsettling. ;)

LMFAO!!! I should add some gangsta rap to dark it up a bit. Better still I could kill someone and wrap them in plastic and video it in slow mo for your viewing pleasure...

Ever seen the Family Guy where Peter plays "Surfing Bird" all day and night... oh ill just find the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzLR0GgKx7c

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Better still I could kill someone and wrap them in plastic and video it in slow mo for your viewing pleasure...

Well I'd watch, but knowing this place someone would come on and pick fault with your murdering technique. "Your hands are closed when the club makes impact with the skull" etc....

Great clip BTW. Cool Whip.