My first hybrid but not sold on the idea....

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Got my first hybrid..

A wee MD superstrong 21 deg..

Nice look to the club and has a good feel to it, but i think i was more comfortable standing over my 3 iron. However the few balls i have hit with the hybrid i must say it would go upto 15/20yards further, from what i have seen !! (but hard to say without testing in the range etc)

However this might be the fact that i hit my 3 iron with a fair bit of hight and to be 100% honest i would only get max 10 yards extra from it than my 5 iron.. so i guess this is the reason i have it in my bag today.

anyways; One last thing, do these be hit like a wood or a iron?? LOL As i cant seem to get my head around hitting down into it like a iron..

Any words of wisdom out there !!

Thanks

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hendy, im using a hybrid 3 from TM, i find if i hitdown like an iron i get too much height, I tend to try and hit mine like a 5 wood off the deck, i only hit down if im trying to cut a dogleg and need the extra height for carrying trees etc, or if its wind behind and i want the extra push.

Im so glad i junked my 4i in favour of this, i now use this from rough, fairways, tee's. its friggin awesome.

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
oddsocks funny i think hitting it like a fairway wood works better but i guess whatever works for the person..

Looking forward on getting onto it.. As from 170 to near 185 i dont really have anything else lol.

cheers

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
oddsocks funny i think hitting it like a fairway wood works better but i guess whatever works for the person..

Looking forward on getting onto it.. As from 170 to near 185 i dont really have anything else lol.

cheers

Suppose it depends on shaft etc, im now using mine from 180-200 and love it, if i want it shorter i hit down on it more, if i need the 200 then i sweep it more like a fairway wood.

;)

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Definitely hit it like a Fairway wood for distance. I have a G15 4 Iron Hybrid and get 190 out of it. It is so much easier to hit than long Irons if you don't get on with one at first perservere as it's worth it in the long run

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I get much more use out og my 3H than I ever would from the 3 iron and it is a godsend from the rough where I can at least get some height and distance. If I used the iron I'd undoubtedly get it caught and hit hit heavy and along the ground.

I am much more confident on a par 3 with the hybrid and I know it will fly higher than a long iron and land softer too.

The_LHC

Head Pro
Visit site
The only hybrid I've got is a Callaway Heavenwood (old one), it's 1H, I bought it because my driver (at the time) wasn't working and I'd junked the 3wood. For four weeks it was the greatest club I'd ever owned, low drilling flight, straight as an arrow off the tee or deck and went miles, I could easily get to 480-500 yard holes with two strikes of that.

After four weeks? I've barely hit a decent shot with it since and I'm now so reluctant to use it that it'll probably never go in the bag again.

I really do need to find some kind of wood or hybrid to go between the driver and the irons though.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Lhc a mate hit two balls with mine bullet straight from 200 yards to the short stuff he's been searching eBay frantically trying to find the same spec

I'd seriously back a tm rescue dual, mines the 3h in regular steel and it's in the bag for the forseable future

lee_leggett

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a taylor made 19degree rescue, but got myself a hybrid, but i cant hit it at all, i dont like teh look at address, and when i do catch it there is very little feel. I hve gone back to my titleist 690's 4-3 irons.