My Composite Course.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Thinking about the courses you have played, what would make up your all time Composite course? The holes have to be in their correct places. So for example, the 10[SUP]th[/SUP] at the Belfry would have to be the 10[SUP]th[/SUP] on your composite course.
I have thought long and hard about this. I have gone with the ‘Berkshire Model’ of 6 par 3’s, 6 par 4’s and 6 par 5’s. Here goes my 6600 yards of golfing heaven.

Pro Shop – Belfry. Never seen anything like it. Bigger than your average AG.

1 – Fairhaven. 523 yards Par 5. Biased here because of my albatross. I like an opening hole that gives you an opportunity.
2 – Durban Country Club. 186 yards Par 3. Elevated tee, great views, difficult hole.
3 – Durban Country Club. 510 yards Par 5. Two in a row from the same club. Superb. Played partly below sea level a tough drive followed by an even tougher uphill second
4 – Royal County Down. 228 yards Par 3. Beautiful testing short framed by the Mourne Mountains.
5 – Gary Player country Club. 438 yards Par 4. Maybe it’s because there were elephants browsing there at the time. Strong hole with a 4 leaf clover green. Getting onto the right tier is the difference between birdie and bogie.
6 – Durban Beachwood. 166 yards Par 3. I had to have one par 3 over water didn’t I? This is an absolute peach.
7 – Cruden Bay. 391 yards Par 4. Whaupshank? The name says it all. Devilishly tough second to a thin green surrounded by trouble.
8 – Peterhead. 486 yards Par 5. A brilliant hole played through a long valley between huge dunes. The green is tough too.
9 – Royal County Down. 483 yards Par 4. Long hole where you have a blind drive towards the mountains. The second isn’t easy either.

Halfway house – Sun City. Food ordered when you play your second to the ninth. Ready for when you walk off the green.

10 – Moortown. 172 yards Par 3. Gibraltar is one of the most famous par 3’s in golf. Huge multi-tiered green where 3 putts are common.
11 – Hollinwell. 360 yards Par 4. Pretty hole which snakes its way uphill through some big mounds to a partially hidden green.
12 – Alwoodley.365 yards Par 4. Semi Blind Drive over heather to a generous landing area. The green has a deep bunker on the right to catch those weak fades.
13 – Illkley Golf Course. 150 yards Par 3. Gorgeous little par 3 with a tricky green and severe run off areas.
14 – Zimbali. 170 yards Par 3. Played massively downhill to a two tiered green. No price for being short.
15 – Princes Grant. 548 yards Par 5. One of the most spectacular views I have experienced on a golf course and the hole is tough too.
16 – Sabi River Sun. 506 yards Par 5. Sweeping right around a dam filled with Hippo and Crocodile. Testing green which juts out into the dam where the wildlife is only feet away
17 – Carnoustie. 433 yards Par 4. Options off the tee make you think. Attack and risk the Barry Burn?
18 – Pretoria Country Club. 512 yards Par 5. Long sweeping hole where the green is surrounded by pot bunkers.

Club house – Cruden Bay for its breath taking views of the links and friendly staff.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I couldn't even begin to put mine together! And if I did I'm sure it would change every time I thought about it :confused:

Nice idea though, very thought provoking!