My beginners kit - Dunlop NZ9

Shiny

Head Pro
Visit site
Don't worry about the 3 wood too much. I have been playing for 3 years and still struggle with the 3 wood both off the tee and the deck. 3 Hybrid is the better club for me.

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The first set of irons I ever bought is kept at my mothers house in the north east for when I visit with an old set of MacGreggor steel heads which Americam Golf were selling off for £10 each. The only club missing was a driver so I bought a £10 Dunlop driver to throw in with the spare set about 3 years ago.

It's about 420cc and is easy to use. It's not quite up there with the top of the range drivers but I still get good distance and dispersion and there's nothing more satifying than going 10 yds + past somebody with their new all singing, dancing driver that cost the earth.

As for MD I've tried most top of the range fairways and there is nothing that will knock my MD F7 fairway out of the bag as it is the best wood I have used. If I had to choose clubs between that and my R11, 4 wood the MD would be the keeper which indicates how highly I rate it.

You don't have to pay the earth for good solid equipment.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's got you the golf bug has struck well and truly!
Good luck with the negotiations for time. :) :)
You've given yourself a great start to your new found addiction.
Enjoy :)

Neil20

Club Champion
Visit site
As a couple of members of this forum will attest to, I got down to 16 in 2 years with a full set of "gear4golf" clubs. The only exception being the putter which was kindly upgraded for me as my regular partner couldn't handle the "ting, ting, ting" noise that the gear4golf one added to my game (Which I thought was a shame as the noise was included at no extra cost!)

Dje

Visit site
Hi every one,
Very new to this but thought I would just let you no about the guy and his TP12 dunlop clubs.
Turn out he is a very goog friend of mine and an update to the story is, I played with him at Celtic manor this weekend on Roman road and he shot 69 using this very same starter kit. I myself a bit like the other gent in question use all of the NZ9 kit and play off of 8. I shot 73. Some times I guess it's not just the kit that gets you around.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Hi every one,
Very new to this but thought I would just let you no about the guy and his TP12 dunlop clubs.
Turn out he is a very goog friend of mine and an update to the story is, I played with him at Celtic manor this weekend on Roman road and he shot 69 using this very same starter kit. I myself a bit like the other gent in question use all of the NZ9 kit and play off of 8. I shot 73. Some times I guess it's not just the kit that gets you around.

Which guy are you referring to?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Don't overlook the option of second hand either. I'm using Callaway x18 irons that I got second hand from a pro shop when I started off. Still using them now and no major worries - a great set of irons in my opinion.

My mate has a set of these he's asked me to move on for him, in a sun mountain bag, he wants £200 and they are like new!

HotDogAssassin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi every one,

So, in July 2012 he was a beginner with a starter set of clubs and was having some lessons. Now he hits a 69 around Celtic Manor. Wow! Look out Rory! :rolleyes: