My attempt to hit the ball

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Probably the most shut clubface I've ever seen :D

Seems like a long swing for a wedge, would rather you hit a 9-iron or a controlled punchy 8-iron. You hit the ball a long way apparently... so good for you :)

THJahar

Head Pro
Visit site
Backswing far too long and a bit to fast you've ended up with a bent left arm and the driver shaft beyond parallel.
jiKPs.jpg

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just from the pic above, as i don't know how to slow the video down and take stills like they have.

It's not the length of swing that is a problem on it's own, just that (from that pic) it looks as though some of the effort is wasted. You hands look to have kept on travelling and got very close to your head. A shorter, more compact swing with the hands stopping before the collapse towards your head will give you a wider arc and (probably) more power.

I'd break my wrist if my right hand held it that strong!!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I reckon you posted it so we can see that flubbed chip again... it's a proper masterpiece :)

Damn you caught me out :eek: ;).

So wider swing it is then :p

I wouldn't be too hasty, you've clearly got a swing that works for you so you need to decide where you are going to go with it.

To me it looks like you have the clubface shut and also have an 'over the top' swing, which would mean that the ball goes big time left, however you use your strong grip to hold the club off. I'd imagine if your wrists rolled just a fraction you're fecked! :D

In my opinion widening your arc will make it more likely that you'll roll your wrists..... so then you'll need to change your grip... choices, choices You can either make tweaks here and there over time or grab the bull by the horns and start from scratch with a new grip/new swing, knowing that you probably have some natural ability in there to adapt.

There are other things you might look at first,eg: if you look at your shoulders at the top of your driver swing they are almost level, no tilt. Getting a better shoulder plane might help control your overswing and lead to better striking and better spine angle blah, blah... I'd look at that first.

Finding the cause is better than finding the fix.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
owen did i hear you say on saturday that you havent had lessons? if you are of 6 just now, what will happen after some lessons? scratch? lessons over winter with the pro could work wonders :cool:

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
I reckon you posted it so we can see that flubbed chip again... it's a proper masterpiece :)

That chip was only flubbed because the backswing wasn't quite steep enough......any chance he could just pick it straight up in the air????? Oh wait a minute........ :D

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site

That chip was only flubbed because the backswing wasn't quite steep enough......any chance he could just pick it straight up in the air????? Oh wait a minute........ :D

My thoughts exactly! If this was a flop attempt it was the right idea (hit it high out of the rough) but I do not thing a steep swing = height, the rough is not long enough to require any swing adjustment, when its up past your hips that swing would be ideal!

Screwback

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ive tried changing the grip and everything goes a good 70 yards right :)

Has your Handicap come down this year???

If so and you have not had a lesson then you are a natural golfer in which case you dont have to work on anything just keep on the way you are going and your handicap will continue to drop :D

percy_layer

Challenge Tour Pro
www.davidord.com

If so and you have not had a lesson then you are a natural golfer in which case you dont have to work on anything just keep on the way you are going and your handicap will continue to drop :D

I would see a PGA pro about what you want from your game and what you want to achieve, a couple of lessons could be the best thing you can do over the winter months......

And remember, it's your money and your lesson, make sure they know you don't want anything too technical and they should be able to accomodate....... :)

Screwback

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I would see a PGA pro about what you want from your game and what you want to achieve, a couple of lessons could be the best thing you can do over the winter months......

And remember, it's your money and your lesson, make sure they know you don't want anything too technical and they should be able to accomodate....... :)

If you go and see a PGA pro make sure you see one that is going to sort your game out for the good as it could be a way forward, there are a lot of good pros out there....just remember there are a lot of "wannabees" out there and they could hamper your game!!!

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Its dropped a 1.0 shots this year but just think i could drop one more quite easily but just had too many inconsistent rounds to be honest. Most pros round this area try and get that perfect swing and grip(which ill never get) thats what puts me off the most. Im more of a stand up to it and hit it kind of guy and try and figure out what works best for me :eek: