Music on the course

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I listen to the radio (talk sport) or podcasts sometimes when playing by myself. I just stick it on my phone on full volume and pop it in my bag or trolley net.

Always turn it off when I get close to another group so its not off putting for anyone else - and grand scheme of things, its no louder than me just talking to a friend if one were with me.

Fully blaring music though - not for me!

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
had a round with Rod Stewart serenading me for the last half hour one summers evening .... was canny like

often have the fayre in the park blasting out dance music that you can hear from a few holes also quite like it

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Do you have a particular penchant for adverts about vans and betting odds?
It's all I ever hear on Talksport.

There is certainly a lot of ads to be fair! Obviously aimed at the tradies that will be listening most days whilst working - doesnt bother me too much though!

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone listen to music while playing? And I'm not talking about earphone.

Caddied yesterday for a big group of orthopaedic surgeons from the US. All 4 guys in our group had Bluetooth speakers in there bags and all had them going. Different stuff but mosty C &W and Rock. A few of the other groups had them as well. Tbh it didn't bother me other than what they were actually listening to was not to my taste. Got me wondering if this was a thing elsewhere. Tbh never seen ot heard anyone apart from Americans doing this.

Orthopaedic surgeons are never examples of good behaviour. Playing music on the course, such that other groups are forced to hear it, is crass and ignorant, and C&W is especially unforgivable.

Parsons, the PXG guy apparently loves it on his course. Literally "his" course, though, so he can do what he likes.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I did play once early morning at Pyrford on my own and was coming down the 18th listening to an 80s compilation and a Flock of Seagulls was on. The club GM had driven over to catch up with me on some committee business, heard what I was listening to and I never heard the end of it.

You should have said that 'He told me to clear off and I ran, I ran so far away'.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
had a round with Rod Stewart serenading me for the last half hour one summers evening .... was canny like

often have the fayre in the park blasting out dance music that you can hear from a few holes also quite like it

We are a 9 iron from the racecourse and every year they do several party in the paddocks We played our 15th in a match towards the course to the sound of Lulu belting out Shout. Sounded really powerful and considering the distance she could still carry a tune and get it out. Lets just say Rita Ora was less impressive