Motorcaddy problems

Mikey7860

Visit site
Hi. I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a 2010 S3 and the trolley runs fine under no resistance but when on the course it only goes for 1-3 yards, the display goes mad with numbers and then stops and turns off. Motocaddy suggested a new motor which is now fitted but I still have the same problem. Any advice please. Cheers.

D

Deleted member 16999

Hi. I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a 2010 S3 and the trolley runs fine under no resistance but when on the course it only goes for 1-3 yards, the display goes mad with numbers and then stops and turns off. Motocaddy suggested a new motor which is now fitted but I still have the same problem. Any advice please. Cheers.
The circuit board in the handle maybe damp or have a loose connection, does it work ok off the course on a pavement/path etc?

D

Deleted member 16999

Hi. Yes it works fine with no weight on it. On normal floor. It just seems to stop on grass. Very strange !
A Motocaddy repair centre could do a service and check for you, my local Motocaddy approved Pro charges £25.00 for the service.
Or have a look at the Motocaddy website and they have instructional videos on how to change the circuit board, you could use that to check the wires.
The other problem I’ve heard of is a break in the wires from damage when the trolley is folded/set up, you might not see it as the wires are encased and again the service centres can check.

Mikey7860

Visit site
No the motocaddy technical department said. It was definitely the motor. They actually rang me yesterday when I asked the same question as I have on here. But all they could come up with was " it could be the wiring loom" no help whatsoever as this is also been checked and all ok.

D

Deleted member 16999

No the motocaddy technical department said. It was definitely the motor. They actually rang me yesterday when I asked the same question as I have on here. But all they could come up with was " it could be the wiring loom" no help whatsoever as this is also been checked and all ok.
How was the wiring loom checked? The fault I was told about couldn’t be seen as it was inside the loom cover.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Unlikely after 5 yrs;)
A look on Google suggests the likelyhood its a new motor, as the motor doesn't lend itself to unautomated brush replacement

Sash1

Visit site
Thanks, I knew it was a long shot. Got to wait 7 to 10 days for my new one to arrive so thought I’d have a go. Must be a brushless motor maybe. Oh we thanks for replying. I’ll borrow one off the club for a week. 👍

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks, I knew it was a long shot. Got to wait 7 to 10 days for my new one to arrive so thought I’d have a go. Must be a brushless motor maybe. Oh we thanks for replying. I’ll borrow one off the club for a week. 👍
No, they are too cheap and small to be brushless motors. They are juat assembled by machine with no brush access, which makes them more water tight and cheaper to produce.