Motocaddy squeaky wheels

nyckuk

Visit site
I bought a Used Motocaddy S1 Pro that looks in really good condition .The problem was that both wheels squeaked when you free wheel,, push with no power.I WD40'd the wheels to free them up and then followed a Video on the motocaddy website and was good for about 4 holes then the squeak came back with a vengeance.
Is this a known issue ,what can i do

The First Video
http://www.motocaddy.com/uk/technical-videos/

Thanks Nick

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Just wondering why your pushing it and not letting it drive the wheels from the motor. It's designed to freewheel for when the battery goes flat and you need to push it back the last few holes. When you alter the wheel position to freewheel, i.e. Widen the track a couple of mm the wheels are rotating on the shaft and not a bearing like the front wheel so it's more of an emergency mode than anything else.

nyckuk

Visit site
Just wondering why your pushing it and not letting it drive the wheels from the motor. It's designed to freewheel for when the battery goes flat and you need to push it back the last few holes. When you alter the wheel position to freewheel, i.e. Widen the track a couple of mm the wheels are rotating on the shaft and not a bearing like the front wheel so it's more of an emergency mode than anything else.

The wheels are always in the normal drive position ,,I play on a hilly course so only use the motor/drive on the flat and up the hill ,when going down the slope i just hold the handle and let it freewheel and thats when both wheels creak/squeak.
I guess there must be some issue or Motocaddy wouldn't of put a video up .I was wondering if people use a special oil/grease??

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
The wheels are always in the normal drive position ,,I play on a hilly course so only use the motor/drive on the flat and up the hill ,when going down the slope i just hold the handle and let it freewheel and thats when both wheels creak/squeak.
I guess there must be some issue or Motocaddy wouldn't of put a video up .I was wondering if people use a special oil/grease??

Ah I see what you mean but you would actually be better going down hills with the motor running even if only on "1" speed as then the wheels aren't turning on the axle but the axle is turning on its bearings if that makes sense.

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
Ah I see what you mean but you would actually be better going down hills with the motor running even if only on "1" speed as then the wheels aren't turning on the axle but the axle is turning on its bearings if that makes sense.

I agree with this - I have a mottocaddy and always put it down to speed 1 when going down hills.
So the squeak as trevor says is probably coming from the axle turning on the bearings or even the gearbox.

The reason why it might squeak when pushing - is because its not supposed to be pushed when the wheels are in the drive position.
If the battery goes you're supposed to pull the wheels out off the axle a little bit - then it doesn't turn the axle at the same time. ;-)