Motocaddy s3 axle change???

Blubbsyboy86

Visit site
Hi I've a motocaddy s3 and I need to change the axle. How do I get it off. Any help would be appreciated at this point.

Last edited:

Blubbsyboy86

Visit site
Thanks pal that was autocorrect changed it on me. I know how to spell axle. But there isn't any videos on YouTube for motocaddy axle changes am afraid. Unless you know a link to one.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It looks like Motocaddy supply it as an axle, diff and bearings assembly. Thats much better than the individual components that used to be the norm for the S1 when it came out, with a design error on the original axles requiring replacement.

Blubbsyboy86

Visit site
thanks i have a donor trolley, but still i can't figure out how to get it off. Seems like the body assembly is all attached to the diff and axle. The trolley is the older s3 2010 model.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
from what I can see on this video

there are bolts on the side of the gear/ diff box.

When you open it one of the problems you might have is the axles may be heat shrunk on to the next component hence why they sell a complete unit.

Blubbsyboy86

Visit site
Aye that's the 2016 s3. I've a 2010 model and the set up is a bit different. The diff and axle is attached to the subframe and doesn't come off as easily in one unit. Appreciate the comments and help. I'll try and take off the 4 bolts on the diff