Motocaddy S1PB electric trolley. Is battery going?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Hello
Had the above trolley several months. The spiel on the underside says it was made in 2014.
It has a lithium battery
Last time I did nine holes , at the end, I thought I saw a L in red where the battery indicator is in the handle.
It's had no problem with 18 holes previous time out. I wondered if I had forgotten to charge it, but I was sure I had.
Anyway, I charged it yesterday and it seemed to finish the charge quite quickly, I.e much shorter time than normally it takes after a nine hole use. The light was at green after the charging.
I'm wondering about the capacity of the battery. Does the short charging time indicate anything ?.
Also, is there a gadget or lead available which can be attached to show the level of charge, e.g 50%?

I have put it on the trolley and the battery indicator shows green. But of course, that situation could be for three holes or so and then go red!!
Which takes me to the last question, as it is a 2014 model, has it got the freewheel ability. A quick go at pulling out the wheel seemed inconclusive.
Thanks

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The other area to consider with a trolley of that age is - are the brushes on the motor worn. This can often lead to signs that is the battery.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
My 36 hole lead battery when it was starting to go would get round 18 if I was careful and would charge in around an hour, the replacement 36 hole lithium will do 4 rounds no problem and after that will take around 4/5 hours to charge, if I use it just 18 it will charge in about and hour or less, if you don't run the battery flat it just tops up the charge, run it flat it will take longer,
Or some of the cells could of died and your only charging and using the working cells take it to a garage and they will check the cells,
You can also prop up the back wheels and run it with a stop watch if its still going in 5 hours battery will be fine

Huwey12

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Check the contacts where it plugs in, I changed my battery needlessly cos the contact pins had closed. Wasn't a motorcaddy though