Most expensive bacon butty?

CVG

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was treated (a corporate golf day) today to a round at Mentmore Golf Club. The course was in excellent condition, greens perhaps the best I have played this year. My golf was alright'sh finishing with 31points, on a very breezy day, as usual I missed far to many puts.

Just one small thing, £3.85 for a bacon butty seemed a little expensive. Don't get me wrong, it was very nice.........! but what do we think is a reasonable price for 2 slices of bacon in a bap?

FaldosJumper

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Bacon Butties always smell lovely and are very tasty... but having one before a round I'm always reaching for my water bottle as I'm so thirsty.

For the cost I'd say it all comes down to the size and quality, a local course to me does it fried, crispy and in a half stotty which has been dipped in the dripping and tastes bloody marvellous for £3.00. I could live on them all year round... Anyone hungry?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pricing is spot on at my course, a bacon and sausage bap with a coffee is £2.50 at the halfway hut and they use quality ingredients as well.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
have you had one at Turnberry/Gleneagles/Loch lomond? presented in a clear plastic box so you can take it on the course but afaik it was about £7.50:eek:

T

thecraw

I was treated to a game of golf at Kingsbarns a few years back. It was free of charge so I decided to buy breakie, 8 bacon rolls, two pots of tea and a coffee and it was a quid or two under 50 brick!!

NEARLY FELL OVER. Add to that I forgot my golf shoes, it was an expensive day out. Think I'd have been cheaper paying a green fee!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
carpark members piss me right off but ive just become one of them. before golf i always had a bit of breaky and a coffee at my club, but our new menu just come out with a round of toast at £1.95 - yup almost £2.00 for 2 slices of bread! i havent looked at the rolls side but i think a bacon bap was about £3.75 before teh price rise so i expect its going to be well into the £4.00 mark.

i expect it from a top course, but at a crown golf owed muni pay and play its a piss take

Last edited:

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
can't top some of you guys but..

played at Camberley Heath, ordered 2 bacon rolls and paid £7.40 when they arrived it was 2 bacon sandwiches, I was too hungry to complain.

I wouldn't look at the food prices at the Belfry, a large coffe set me back £4.50

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure about butties but you get a great homemade burger and chips for about £6 at my club so if they do baps I'd want it to be less than £3.

Last edited:

FaldosJumper

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We ecan't get bacon, unfortunately.

But a good sized Burger, with chips and a salad, with a drink soft drink will set you back about 5 quid.

Well my course don't open the kitchen till 11am through the week 9am weekends. They started this last year and it hasnt changed after a near riot from the members. It was justified as cost the usual crap so we go to McDonald's get their breakfast and leave the wrappers and bags on the tables when we go out... Childish I know but still enjoy it ;)

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If it doesn't have 3 rashers, it's not a proper bacon sarnie. 2 rashers is an insult to the pig that died to make it.

I like mine with Branston pickle - a family quirk that I rarely see repeated elsewhere.

£3 max at a club is fair. Championship courses though, it's to be expected if not forgiven - they are presumably trying to fleece the overseas visitors I suspect. And also, if there's a hotel attached, the pricing will be dictated by hotel food prices, which are usually outrageous.