Most balls found in a round

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I daren't ask. He is stuck in a bygone era and is always right. We had the lone golfer has no standing discussion last week for the umpteenth time. Pick any old rule or method of playing and he still thinks it is in play. Hard work.

jdpjamesp

Q-School Graduate
www.jdpalmer.co.uk
I think it's weird to find that many in one area. That sort of implies that not one of the 20-30 people who hit those balls actually bothered to even half-look for it?? Even just popping your head in you'd surely find 2 or 3 of them.
Yeah I found it odd too. The thing is, the hole had a reputation with the regulars as being a round breaker. I wonder if folks sliced it in there and couldn't be bothered looking? A lot of the rounds I played were in the winter too, where the undergrowth had died down a lot. It's a lot harder to find balls there in the summer.

D

Deleted member 21258

I reckon only 5 or 6 during the course of the round.

On holiday last year whilst staying at Henllys golf club I decided to take me, son and Grandad for a nice walk over to the 8th at Henllys, ball hunting. On this par 5 at driving distance the fairway is tight and trees either side(if you hit in there is almost was a lost ball during a round). We found 50-60 IIRC, some good and some cheapo balls. Was a fun time really, Grandad was useless finding balls, don't think he even found half a dozen of them!

rosswilliams

Club Champion
Visit site
4 or 5 on a course in Mauritius over the summer. Unfortunately they replaced some that i had lost previously that round, and the majority suffered the same fate anyway.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
We were talking about all the balls we had found during our round yesterday. A few points were raised.
Of the 500 plus balls we found, if every ball was looked for, for the five mins allowed that is a lot of standing about on the course waiting.
If the grass had not been cut they would of been there for years and some of them probably had.
there is an area at the rhs of our 18th, Melly found about 15 balls in there. You would be gutted if you were on for a stonking round and lost your ball at the side of the 18th.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
On a slight tangent - if you find a ball that has a member's name or mark you recognise on it - or it's a type of ball that is unusual and that you know of only a handful of members play - do you go to them and offer them their ball back?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
On a slight tangent - if you find a ball that has a member's name or mark you recognise on it - or it's a type of ball that is unusual and that you know of only a handful of members play - do you go to them and offer them their ball back?

I've come across people playing with my personally marked Vice balls that know me, so NO!

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've come across people playing with my personally marked Vice balls that know me, so NO!

Come on Fish. That was (almost) the highlight of the day.

I found one of your very personally marked balls in the do-da at Gainsborough and kept it for a special occasion which just happened to be at the 36th hole at Cooden where you were in the group (about 1/2 hour) behind us.

Left it in the hole for you.

As you had absolutely no idea where your blind shot into the green had gone, it was some what amusing that you "found" your ball in the hole. Fair do's though, you didn't claim it as yours. Must have been something to do with Smiffy writing "KNOB" on it ????????

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
On our back 9 there's a few "hotspots" where I'll have a look for balls if I need some. I think it was somewhere around 48 or 49 balls, my bag was stuffed full. I'd say 15 ish were premiums like proV1, 20 odd were supersofts or ad333's and 15 crappy ones.

Farmergeddon

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Playing at Ripon in my early days on the old 17th(now the 8th) I heeled my tee shot in to a small gypsum hole just off the tee on the left, the hole was full of bramble briar's, BUT coincidently I had in my bag a pair of gardening gloves (dont ask) I pulled 17 balls out of that hole (of various vintages) but never found mine!