More Vandalism

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I think a lot of clubs will be pushing the unions soon. Our course has seen an influx of people walking around it but in a sensible manner. theres been a load of pro shop break ins here in north east England though.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is one of our fairways!!!

QnYRISt.jpg

D

Deleted member 17920

Always going to happen to some courses.

Plenty of people still walking around doing zilch and now there is no one on the course or the staff are not around it’s a recipe for disaster.

I don’t know why some clubs are not staggering staff hours so they cover the course for the maximum amount of hours possible.

D

Deleted member 18588

Always going to happen to some courses.

Plenty of people still walking around doing zilch and now there is no one on the course or the staff are not around it’s a recipe for disaster.

I don’t know why some clubs are not staggering staff hours so they cover the course for the maximum amount of hours possible.

We are doing just that and members are walking/exercising on the course until 8.00 to 8.30 p.m.

Beyond that we have to take our chances.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Gorse/grass fires in a hot dry spring is hardly anything new, I can recall them from my childhood in the 1950's.
Many happen naturally with sun and glass.

? nobody is talking about Gorse/grass fires Doon they are talking about acts of vandalism, I think even you know the difference.

www.hiltonpark.net
Took a walk around Douglas Park GC with my family yesterday. They've opened up the course to the local community and it was looking stunning. No signs of vandalism and my main thought was it's been a positive thing for the club to do and showcased it looking amazing.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Took a walk around Douglas Park GC with my family yesterday. They've opened up the course to the local community and it was looking stunning. No signs of vandalism and my main thought was it's been a positive thing for the club to do and showcased it looking amazing.
Seems enough people to police each other then. ‘Herd policing’.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Been out for a walk on Monifieth Links most days in the last month, I'm not currently a member but my wife is and she's with me most days - lots of people out for exercise, walking dogs etc. Not seen the slightest hint of bad behaviour or damage. Course looks very good to me.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
little twats riding across 3 of the greens yesterday on bikes, one did a skid stop on one. when challenged they said they hadn't done anything wrong and were not hurting anyone. thing is there is a path running down the side of the course, but they felt it was better to climb a fence to get on the course that use the perfectly good path. didn't need to go anywhere near any of the greens either:mad:

i despair:rolleyes:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

Diamond

Visit site
little twats riding across 3 of the greens yesterday on bikes, one did a skid stop on one. when challenged they said they hadn't done anything wrong and were not hurting anyone. thing is there is a path running down the side of the course, but they felt it was better to climb a fence to get on the course that use the perfectly good path. didn't need to go anywhere near any of the greens either:mad:

i despair:rolleyes:

I think the clubs need mounted water cannons to blast these louts off their bikes, Dye the water yellow as well for cowardice. Either that or the Police to have the power to horse whip them. Castration may be a step to far but it would certainly deter the scumbags.