More birdies than pars

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Going through a bad patch since lockdown, only two buffers & the rest plus .1s. This resulted, two weeks ago, in my going up to 11 for the first time in many years. On Saturday we were blessed, for a change, with a fairly calm day, the CSS actually went down one.

My swing has been very fragile for a while. I can hit a number of truly first class shots, followed by some absolutely rank ones. I started off on Saturday with a double bogey 5, 1 point. Followed it with a double bogey on the second, another 1 point. I then proceeded to birdie 6,8,9,15 & 17, whilst bogeying, or worse all but four of the rest.

The result was 39 points from 16 holes & back to 10.1, within reach of the elusive single figures. Can't remember having a round like that before. Back to the range today to work on the usual faults.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've not quite done that but I did get 3 birdies and 3 pars earlier this year in a single match play. Up until August they were the only 3 birdies on my home course all calendar year, and they'd all come in the same round, haha. But then I got a birdie in August to change that. It's still true the 75% of my home course birdies this year came in the same round.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
My best ever round was a model of consistency, 6 birdies, 6 pars and 6 bogeys.

On another occasion, I had 4 birdies, all on par 3s, of which we had 5, and just missed a birdie putt on that one, but the same day some bugger had a HIO, so grabbed half the pot for it.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
My best ever round was a model of consistency, 6 birdies, 6 pars and 6 bogeys.

On another occasion, I had 4 birdies, all on par 3s, of which we had 5, and just missed a birdie putt on that one, but the same day some bugger had a HIO, so grabbed half the pot for it.
We used to have a rule that if you got a hole in one you got the whole pot - my mate had one on the 11th and spent the rest of the round savouring the (quite substantial) payday coming his way - only to find that someone else had aced the 14th when he got in, so had to share it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not sure I've ever had more birdies than par. Good if you can do it and if I was the OP I'd be taking comfort from the fact that there seems to be more good ones (and sounds like the good ones are in proximity to the hole). Now to iron out all the rubbish and find consistency