Mobile air con units.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Went to a big party last night and baby Layla's sweat was sweating sweat. I was pointed to a bedroom that had an air con unit on the wall. Lordy flippin Lordy it was heaven on earth. 3 times I went back to the bedroom and I thought am avin one.
Went to bed last night and it was purgatory. Me sweat was sweating sweat. Ave been looking at air con units and noticed that the good Lord God has invented units that don't have to be bolted to the wall and mains.
in essence mobile units, anyone got one, are they any good and where from. Another night of being wetter that a snails crotch is gonna tip me over the edge.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a free standing heater/cooler in the conservatory. Add cold water to cool so think it simply blows air over the cool water. Works ok but better as a heater to be honest. We have a pedastal fan in the bedroom and it works fine on the rare nights in this country we need it. Last night was one and on the lowest setting it's not too noisy and just enough wafting of air to make things more comfortable. Woke in the night to find I'd actually pulled the quilt up over me as it was chilling too much - no PJs in the household though :eek:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
have a couple of free standing Amcor aircon units, cost a couple of hundred each, they get used for maybe 20 days a year i guess but worth it for that! have always had one in my home office but we now have a second one for the bedroom/elsewhere

currently a lovely 19 degrees in here :)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have one at work.

Maybe they're not all the same but mine has a 6" diameter hose which had to be put through an outside wall to take the hot air away otherwise it's a bit self defeating.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have one at work.

Maybe they're not all the same but mine has a 6" diameter hose which had to be put through an outside wall to take the hot air away otherwise it's a bit self defeating.

pretty standard for the mobile ones, the one in the op is a fully fitted option that will have been vented when fitted (but they cost a chunk more than a couple of hundred)

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got an old monster one here at work, it's well battered and has bits missing but ticks away nicely and does a cracking job. It says "cool" as the manufacturer.