Mizzy JPX 800 driver shaft

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hey guys I'm after some advice

My driver is a JPX800 stock regular exsar shaft

I'm finding it flies far too high, I seem to lose all my distance as the ball just goes too high, would this be a problem with the shaft? It seems very "whippy" I wondered if changing the shaft would help?

I run a grafalloy prolaunch axis red shaft in my 5 wood and find this gives me a good flight

Should I consider this shaft in my driver? I hear things about swing weight etc so I don't wanna mess too much

I'm just finding that I hit my 3 wood as far as my driver, and its all because my driver doesn't actually go any further than my 3 wood if that makes sense

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
IIRC the Exsar shaft is mid launch. If you couple thsa with a high tee and 10.5º it will go high. Prolaunch is a low flight shaft I think so you would defo see a difference. Not thd flex or swing speed you need to focus on itsthe shaft's kick point.

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
IIRC the Exsar shaft is mid launch. If you couple thsa with a high tee and 10.5º it will go high. Prolaunch is a low flight shaft I think so you would defo see a difference. Not thd flex or swing speed you need to focus on itsthe shaft's kick point.

I thought as much the prolaunch is much lower launching, seems to give me a good flight in my 5 wood (in fact I'm probably 5-15 yards off my driver with my 5 wood!!)