Mizuno JPX825, great clubs but.....

Jungle

Head Pro
Visit site
Over Christmas I treated myself to a set of Mizuno JPX825's which so far in their first couple of outings have been fantastic.

However I've noticed that quite a bit of the matt black finish within the cavity has started to chip away already.

Whilst I have never been over precious about scuffs and knicks I was surprised to see this after 36 holes.

Anyone else got these clubs and suffered the same problem?

I'll try and post a picture.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I would speak to wherever you bought them and ask as that doesnt sound right after 36 holes. I wouldn't be happy about that as Mizuno have a reputation for quality in their irons.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would take a photo and ask the question directly to Mizuno via their Twitter & Facebook social media sites

Personally a quick trip to direct golf should sort it (and they are the one you have the contract with).

Resorting to social media should be a last resort, rather than the first one.

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I hate clubs with any kind of embellishment. All I like to see is the plain metal with the manufacturer's name & logo stamped in. Anything else, in my view, makes the clubs look cheap & not "proper" golf clubs.
Totally agree, think they do it to get a colour scheme on them for marketing purposes but clubs that keep a classy look speak for themselves.

Hallsy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I was going to purchase some of these not long ago and read quite a lot of reviews. If you google it you'll see its a common occurance with the jpx825 irons for some reason.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
D

Deleted Member 1156

Get fitted for a set of iron covers, that should do the trick :thup: