Mizuno Golf Pairs Comp

NoLayingUp

Visit site
I’m playing in the Mizuno Golf Pairs comp at the Belfry on the Brabazon course on Friday.

Just wondering if anyone on here has entered any of their events before and what your experience was from them?

First time on The Belfry too, weather looks A1, really really looking forward to it. What’s peoples experience or advice for the Brabazon? (I’m itching to have a go at driving the 10th)

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
What’s peoples experience or advice for the Brabazon? (I’m itching to have a go at driving the 10th)

And therein lies the problem. The vast majority of the other holes are much less memorable.

Always enjoyed my trips there, but it's not in the list of courses I'd rush back to.

Should be in great condition....fairways and greens is never bad advice

NoLayingUp

Visit site
And therein lies the problem. The vast majority of the other holes are much less memorable.

Always enjoyed my trips there, but it's not in the list of courses I'd rush back to.

Should be in great condition....fairways and greens is never bad advice

The 18th stands out for me too but I must admit I can’t think of any others.

No doubt the recent rain and sunshine will have the course well prepared and in good Nick, expecting the greens to be lighting as it’s been baking this week

D

Deleted member 21258

Belfry superb condition, especially given the footfall. When I played it iirc it was the year of the heatwave(3 years ago?), they had watering system almost everywhere I assume(?) as the fairway was green/lush and the greens superb.

Can remember a number of the holes, not the best terrain for golf in my eyes, as fairly flat (I like slightly more undulations and views) but a solid test of golf and very playable even if you aren't playing great.

BTW the 10th wasn't that long a carry off the tee position when we played(200-220 rings a bell), so almost a let down. 18th was more interesting. Very enjoyable round still.

Have a cracking day, enjoy.