Mizuno factory fitting

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Really don't know Chris. Weird one that. I loved the look of them but didn't really get on with them, even from day one. There wasn't a single game that I played with them that I thought they were better than what I had been using before..which had been a set of cheap, off the peg John Letters Trilogy.
I sold the 200's earlier this year and bought my current i15's. Fell in love with them the minute I picked one up in the pro shop, and decided not to go the custom route this time. Standard/regular everything. I know I am going to get the piss ripped out of me, but I've hit shots with these that I know I would never have hit with the Mizzies.
I've also hit a lot of shots with them that I know I could have done with a hockey stick. But it's the good shots you tend to remember most of all and I hit more good shots with these than the Mizunos.
And I still don't swallow the forged versus cast crap. When I flush one of these babies, I don't even feel it. And they spin up better than the Mizzies too.
;)

I went to Taylor Made Burners in regular graphite as a result of hip problems and my teaching Pro says not to change anything so I am not too sure what I will do in the end.

When I booked the appointment it was off the back of a +1 gross front nine in last weeks 4BBB - I am probably mad!

Chris

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I contacted the Wrexham fitting centre which is based at Clays at Wrexham and they told me they charge £20 for the fitting.

Their website says it is free !!!!

Call Mizuno at Winnersh and I bet they will tell you it is free. I think Clay's do other brand fittings, maybe they charge for those.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I went to Taylor Made Burners in regular graphite as a result of hip problems and my teaching Pro says not to change anything so I am not too sure what I will do in the end.

I went over to graphite originally because

a) I thought they were lighter and would be easier to carry around the golf course.
b) They would give me more distance than steel.

It was proven to me that the Nippon 950's were
a) As light as graphite
b) They were slightly longer

The fact that they were over £100 cheaper in steel swung it for me too
;)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I just wish I wasn't hitting the TM graphite's so well at the moment but the MP53's do make me purrrrr!

Chris