Mid Round Slump

TamG123

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi all,

Over the last few rounds I've played, I've noticed that usually holes 11,12,13, 14 have tended to be my higher scoring holes before I go on to finish quite well. Is there anything you can suggest to help me improve the scores? I drink plenty of water, usually have a banana about hole 9 and also a chocolate bar around 13/14.

Thanks!

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Best way to check if its a mental or physical slump is not to wait til the 9th to eat something .. have a bit of choc or your banana & a drink after the 3rd , then the 6th / 9th etc ,, if you get to the point (esp in warm weather) that you are thirsty then you are already too late to be taking a drink , as it will take a few mins or maybe to holes to refresh or rehydrate yourself .. try this for a round or two , if it doesnt improve then its a mental slump

G_Mulligan

Tour Rookie
www.thegolfpsychologist.co.uk
Hi all,

Over the last few rounds I've played, I've noticed that usually holes 11,12,13, 14 have tended to be my higher scoring holes before I go on to finish quite well. Is there anything you can suggest to help me improve the scores? I drink plenty of water, usually have a banana about hole 9 and also a chocolate bar around 13/14.

Thanks!

are you usually on to beat your handicap or in contention to win a competition or match with your friends when this happens?

May be as simple as getting ahead of yourself and thinking of what score you could post if you keep playing as well as you are.

As others have said it may be they are tricky holes or not suited to your usual game and may need to change your approach to them.

Millbrook

Visit site
Swap the water for Lucozade Sport, Have a slurp every 3rd hole and try cereal bars.

Having said that if it was hydration and fuel you would expect it to continue to the latter part of the round.

S

Snelly

I doubt it has anything to do with food.

Concentration lapse? Who knows. It could be any number of things, the most likely being what is between your ears.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
There are benefits in changing jumpers after 9 holes, or perhaps try a lucky back 9 hat?

Or change to pink castle tees, they are the dogs' apparently.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
what do you mean higher scoring holes? if playing well the worst you should do is a bogey. this can be achieved by playing safe and playing smart!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Is this only happening on one course or every different course you play? As others have said, it could be a difficult run of holes or you now have a mental block about playing them. Can you play this course starting at the 10th to see if the trouble occurs on the 2/3/4/5th holes instead? This might help to eliminate tiredness as a cause.

TamG123

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi All, many thanks for your suggestions and ideas. I have been drinking Lucozade Sport and changed to every 3 holes which seems to have helped. The holes themselves are not too difficult but maybe it is just what is going on in my mind. The scores have improved a little but I feel I can get a better score. I may have played these specific holes for the last time this year now and can only look to next year and working out how to conquer them!

Thanks again!