Microsoft Projects for the Web help.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience using Microsoft Projects for the Web? Ive created a project with a Timeline but when i try to export it as a PDF the resulting document is a hefty 21 pages long. There seems to be very little I can do to make the thing smaller. Don't know if this is because its a cloud based program but the settings tab seems extremely limited to just changing things like the background and the language. Watched several online tutorials but they seem to be just about creating projects not exporting anything. Any tips or advice greatly appreciated.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
IIRC MS Project does not ‘print‘ to PDF in a what you see is what you get way. I used to have to faff around with the width of any column I wanted to include; fiddle with timescale period of the gantt chart if I wanted to include it, and also modify the scaling in the print option. But i found printing and export to PDF a nightmare…sorry. I also don’t recall going into settings to try and change things. Fortunately I don’t have to worry about that no more…?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
IIRC MS Project does not ‘print‘ to PDF in a what you see is what you get way. I used to have to faff around with the width of any column I wanted to include; fiddle with timescale period of the Gantt chart if I wanted to include it, and also modify the scaling in the print option. But i found printing and export to PDF a nightmare…sorry. I also don’t recall going into settings to try and change things. Fortunately I don’t have to worry about that no more…?

Yes this is my problem in a nutshell. Can’t seem to do either so I’m thinking of cancelling my subscription and going with another simpler Projects software.
Any recommendations good people?