Microsoft Band price crash

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
The new version is a few days away from launch, and Microsoft have dropped the original version down to just £69.
Fitness monitor and now works with the Taylormade golf tracking software. Available from zavvi but also from Microsoft direct too, thought it was good price to share with others, and if I hadn't just spent on huge mot bill then I'd probably be wearing one now!

Grieve14

Head Pro
Visit site
The new version is a few days away from launch, and Microsoft have dropped the original version down to just £69.
Fitness monitor and now works with the Taylormade golf tracking software. Available from zavvi but also from Microsoft direct too, thought it was good price to share with others, and if I hadn't just spent on huge mot bill then I'd probably be wearing one now!

Thanks for posting, I saw this the other day too and it had me thinking about it.

Do you know if/how it knows what club your hitting when using the TM tracking software?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for posting, I saw this the other day too and it had me thinking about it.

Do you know if/how it knows what club your hitting when using the TM tracking software?

No it doesn't so you have to go in and edit after.

Band works fine but you rely on TM to map any course correctly, I assume they use Google earth or something similar.

Anyway they didn't map mine well and its completely wrong so the band is useless and despite asking them to correct this at least 4 times it hasn't been done and they don't respond to requests so you have no feedback.

Just use mine for cycling and fitness stuff now.

Grieve14

Head Pro
Visit site
No it doesn't so you have to go in and edit after.

Band works fine but you rely on TM to map any course correctly, I assume they use Google earth or something similar.

Anyway they didn't map mine well and its completely wrong so the band is useless and despite asking them to correct this at least 4 times it hasn't been done and they don't respond to requests so you have no feedback.

Just use mine for cycling and fitness stuff now.

Hmm doesnt sound great then. I can generally remember where I took all my shots from but to remember what club i hit for every shot I would struggle. Sounds like it isnt quite up to par with game golf just yet.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Rick Shiels and Peter Finch tried this when they were at the Taylormade Headquater in New York in September. As much as they tried to be positive about it in the reviews, it completely fell short when they used it in the course vlogs. I think it needs work (which is probably one of the reasons that Microsoft is so aggressively selling off the old version ... Microsoft is notorious for putting out buggy first versions, every Windows-user knows that ;) )

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
For the money its at now, its probably worth a punt just for golf, but remember this is not a golf specific product. Its primarily a fitness band with a golf feature. To compare it to Game Golf is unfair i think. Think of it now as a very cheap GPS and score tracker!

V

vkurup

For the money its at now, its probably worth a punt just for golf, but remember this is not a golf specific product. Its primarily a fitness band with a golf feature. To compare it to Game Golf is unfair i think. Think of it now as a very cheap GPS and score tracker!

I got one for the Mrs... dont think i want a golf tracker on the wrist - it might just change the delicate weight and dynamic loft adjustments that I have during my swing.. :whistle:

V

vkurup

Bought a Large off Amazon at £54... unfortutnately its too big, so looking to replace it with a Medium.. had a look at Amzaon and prices have shot up
Large: £76 and Medium at £97!!! waiting to hear from MS.

if they dont replace it at same price, will get it exchanged for a Band 2 and get £70 quid off...

Roland

Assistant Pro
www.canal-view.co.uk
I got one a couple of weeks ago when it dropped to £70. Have used it a few times and it is fair to say it takes a bit of getting used to. it is OK as a Golf GPS for the price but you need to be aware that you have to press the action button to get a reading and this takes 10 seconds or so and then is fixed, it does not update if you are walking towards your ball for example.
As a golf performance device it's a bit early to say. Occasionally it misses shots I have made, I think it is meant to vibrate when it registers a shot but i have never noticed it yet, I do feel the vibration when it detects you have changed holes.
What I am doing currently to make sure it works properly is:
After each shot look at it to make sure it's registered, if not it's easy to add it manually but to get the best from it you need be in the same place you made your shot or it will register it where you manually add the shot.
If you take two shots in quick succession ie you duff it then hit again or you putt it close and walk up and finish it off then be aware that it will probably miss the second shot as it has timer in the software that prevents it registering two shots in quick succession.
When you have finished a hole check it has moved to the next as you cannot change this afterwards on the taylormade myroundpro website.

When you have finished the round, it syncs with your phone really quickly and is ready for you to edit the round on the taylormade website when you are ready. no need to have the phone with you or on while you are playing. To get the most out of the putting stats you really need to record how long all of your putts were and I've not worked out how to do that properly. Also I've found that shots disappear on the taylormade website even though they are recorded, especially if they are long way off the fairway.

as has been mentioned previously the courses are mapped out by someone in a dark room using google maps so they need a bit of refining. On my course on of the tees is shared by two holes and it always puts me on the wrong hole when I get to it, I have to manually go back to the previous hole and then manually move to the next hole. I have reported this and hopefully it will get fixed but have heard nothing back.

Would be good to hear other people's experiences.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Thanks for the write up Roland.

I won't be able to contribute until after Chrimbo. Hoping that the boost of sales of band 1 & 2 with give TM a push on myroundpro.

Was thinking of starting a thread a bit like the game golf one later.