Membership Rebate

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No refunds or discounts offered at our place for the closures. Only thing we have is 5% of subs credited to the bar card if we renew before the end of this month (subs are due 1st April), but they did this last year, so nowt to do with covid.

That said, the club will have lost a packet with the bar and restaurant being shut for months, so I'm not really bothered about getting any money back. I just want the club to survive and thrive, so I renewed earlier this week.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nothing offered from my place for this lockdown, just an e mail to tell us what they have been doing to improve the place and that we couldn't have played anyway coz the place was either waterlogged or covered in snow.

richbeech

Hacker
Visit site
Nothing offered by my current club at the moment; subs due 1st April.

Not too fussed if I don't get anything back this time and if I am offered anything I'll probably tell the club to keep it as I don't think I'm going to be rejoining. I've only been there a year and although it is a nice course in great condition in the summer, it's not great in the winter as it's built on clay and it does't have any practice facilities which I really want. Undecided on where to join this year, probably going to leave it for a little while see how we come out of lockdown and what the tier system is going to be like before joining anywhere but there is a good chance I'll just go back to my old club.

Grizzly

Visit site
Not heard anything as yet, but will be at least mildly curious as to what is said - if only because, having joined mid year, the club will have been closed for more than it has been open during my membership by the time renewal comes up. I'm not certain, but don't think I care - I'm in the lucky position of being able to afford it - but the subs are typical Home Counties/London level so it would be a decent gesture if there is some account made.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
playing with one of my mates today who's on the committee, told me a few members have written to the club telling them they would not be paying their fee's because the bar has been closed:rolleyes:

Pjwgov

Hacker
Visit site
All clubs will be slightly different. The trouble with a proprietary club is that in the whole they are looking for profit. They set out to offer you a service at a yearly rate, however this year many clubs have been unable too. In these cases it not unrealistic to expect a sizeable percentage of lost fees or time to be calculated in the renewals.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hopefully you will have people on the waiting list to replace them!

more than likley, it's a strange thing to make the point about as it not the club choosing to close its Gov telling them too!!!

not to mention its the first year i've been a member when the fee hasn't gone up

D

Deleted member 21445

My club have boldly gone the other way this year by asking for a £450 extra levy to fund improvements to all 18 holes on the course over the next 3 years
Can be paid in one lump sum now or £150 a year over the next 3 years.
6 holes will have been completed by March 2021.
From what I have seen a very high percentage of members have supported this as the course we will all have at the end of it will be fantastic.

D

Deleted member 3432

playing with one of my mates today who's on the committee, told me a few members have written to the club telling them they would not be paying their fee's because the bar has been closed:rolleyes:

Some people treat golf as a day out, pint and food comes before the golf.

I go to the course to play golf and then off home.

Each to their own.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Some people treat golf as a day out, pint and food comes before the golf.

I go to the course to play golf and then off home.

Each to their own.

Same here i have to drive to the club so never have a pint, used to have lunch sometimes then head to work on the way back.

what supprised me was one of them, I've never even seen him in the clubhouse after a game, and is one of those that spends his bar levy in Nov on a some wine because he hasn't used it

D

Deleted member 3432

Same here i have to drive to the club so never have a pint, used to have lunch sometimes then head to work on the way back.

what supprised me was one of them, I've never even seen him in the clubhouse after a game, and is one of those that spends his bar levy in Nov on a some wine because he hasn't used it

Every club has clowns like that.

Those that are threatening to leave are trying it on for money off this year.