Melia Villaitana Benidorm

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi, myself and a couple of mates are thinking of booking a few days away next year and there are some good deals on golf and accommodation at Melia Villaitana in Benidorm. Previously we’ve been to Vilamoura, stayed near the marina and played a couple of the Dom Pedro courses, or Marbella and played Santa Clara and Los Naranjos. We’ve loved both but it’s been a fair wedge of coin for a few days away, and Benidorm seemed a lot cheaper. I like Benidorm but I wondered, 1) are the courses ok? and 2)is the accommodation too distant from Benidorm?

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi, myself and a couple of mates are thinking of booking a few days away next year and there are some good deals on golf and accommodation at Melia Villaitana in Benidorm. Previously we’ve been to Vilamoura, stayed near the marina and played a couple of the Dom Pedro courses, or Marbella and played Santa Clara and Los Naranjos. We’ve loved both but it’s been a fair wedge of coin for a few days away, and Benidorm seemed a lot cheaper. I like Benidorm but I wondered, 1) are the courses ok? and 2)is the accommodation too distant from Benidorm?

Hotel is great and about 5 mins/10 quid in a taxi into town but to be honest I can’t remember as Benidorm is so good!

As we left for a far too early tee-time (10am).....the birds we were out with to start with the night before got out of a taxi with shoes in hand! I’m not sure who was more surprised to see each other again!!!

fowlero

Hacker
Visit site
Accommodation is excellent! a 5 min walk from the first tee or even a lift in a buggy if you are too lazy or hungover to walk.
Beware the hotel bar is quite pricey. only 12 - 15 euros for a taxi into Benidorm for cheap food and drink.
The courses are decent the Levante championship course is really good, par 72 with a good variety of holes on it, a long walk but worth it, if you can stretch to a buggy on a hot day it'll make the difference.
The poniente course is ok, but much shorter it is mainly Par 3's with a few par 4 holes, not in as good a condition as the championship course, but we always play it at least once as the holes are all quite quirky, with some really steep elevation changes in the Par 3 holes 150 yards with a 60 yard drop etc I would recommend a buggy due to this as its particularly hilly, especially if its a hot day, and this course is an out and back course so nowhere near the clubhouse until you get back to the 18th.

all in all a great resort we usually go fro 3 days and play the levante twice and the poniente once

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, that’s made my mind up to give it a go. We usually only play twice, so will probably play the longer course both times, definitely book buggies, and skip the par 62. I was a bit unsure as to how close to the action of Benidorm it was, but sounds fine. Thanks again ?