Medal Tomorrow

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My first Medal of the year tomorrow due to time and illness issuesand really looking forward to it even though it looks like its going to blow 99 parts of a gale!! Torn a bit here - I want to do well and get cut but we've got a doubles knockout in a weeks time and I'm the lowest handicapper so I don't want to give any more shots away. Already giving the opponents 3 and 8 (only coz he's just had a 3 shot cut - result). Giving 5 to my partner so don't really want to get cut a shot at the moment. Anyone else have this problem or are you all staunch " get cut and hang the consequences"???

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Know how you feel
Don't want to se my handicap rise having just kept it down to 23, but if I were to play and by a fluke get cut, our 2nd round doubles would be even harder.
Bad weather this week saved me from the decision of playing in the comp!

Alib

Imurg

Visit site
Well I needn't have worried about getting cut today as I have just played the worst round of golf since I got my handicap 15 years ago.
I was quite proud that since that day in 1993 I have not scored 100 or more. Been close a couple of times but never made 3 figures untill today. Gross 100 nett 88 on a par of 71.
To say I'm depressed is the understatement of the year. Nothing worked, no putts dropped - except on a par 5 when I nailed a 15 footer for a 7!! Problem is I didn't really play badly. The wind was hard work for sure but I hit some great shots. I just hit way too many rubbish ones. Our 8th hole is a shortish dogleg par 4. Carved one OB with a five wood and the club was within a whisker of following the ball into the woods.

Life?? Don't talk to me about life.........

Going to go and lie down in a darkened room now..

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Bad luck Imurg.
I also have that darkened room feeling after venturing out, mainly to get some air and not worrrying (ha ha) about the golf.
Played badly, got in a strop, played worse.
Okay it was blowing a gale, that will have to be our excuse.
Bet you'll be back on track soon. Not sure the same will be said of me!

AliB

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
You went round in 100 off 12?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry......

I'm choosing to cry, as it may happen to me one day. Then again, when I came back after 5 years, I still managed to break 95......

I send a prayer to the golf gods......bad luck......

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Chin up, it happens. It's what you do about it. As you said, you didn't play bad. Put it down to the wind and learn from it. What could you have done different? Accept that it just wasn't your day and the luck was left on the first tee for someone else.

Get back out there and put right what your lacking in!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Been there and done that. As someone who has had 26 points twice and a 25 this season off 14 I know where you are in terms of hurt. At least the ball striking was there. Put it down to a bad day at the office and leave it behind.

You are lucky that at least you got to play. Had to cry off this morning from a game with a bad upset stomach. Felt a bit better later and ventured onto the practice ground. Wind was blowing left to right and into my face. Was hitting wedges no more than 60 yards (and hitting them flush) and they were moving 15 yards in the air. Hit about 15 balls and called it a day

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can see there are some positives just build on those it was a bad day, end of it. I have done the same thing this year and was demoralised but didn't dwell on it got back onto the course and due to lower expectations performed much better. It really is a game of up and downs just ride the bad times and enjoy the good.

Imurg

Visit site
Yep. You're all right. Going out tomorrow morning on my own and I'm gonna show that course who's boss!!!!!
Found out that half the field NR'd which racked me off a bit. if I can own up to a poor round why can't everyone else.
Don't think we have a policy on NR's but I know some demand a reason for it and too many in a year leads to a suspension.
Only ever NR'd once. The day of Diana's funeral I was playing with 2 others in a medal and I got a severe case of the "unmentionables" on the 10th. Put 5 balls in a row OB about 75 degrees right....
Told the others to play on and I just walked with them - didn't hit another shot. But its not something I would normally do