Matteo Manassero

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
This could be a huge day (in my head) if the former boy wonder can pull it off on the Challenge Tour, one shot off the lead going into the final round in Spain

Other than he 'wanted to get longer' have never really known what went wrong but looks like he's on the right road again which is tremendous and my mind
already drifting to Rome 2023 and an outrageous wildcard

https://www.europeantour.com/challenge-tour/challenge-costa-brava-2021/leaderboard?round=2

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, thought he was going to be big news once upon a time. Would be great for Rome and God knows we could use a ringer or 6 ?

D

Deleted member 3432

Little Italian lad, good putter

Lost his card when his putting stopped being exceptionally and bailing out his lack of length off the tee.

Unfortunately just doesn't hit the ball far enough in todays game.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site

4 wins on European Tour including prestigious BMW PGA Championship before he was 20. Last win in 2013, but then after being 25th in the world completely fell away. He was a slightly shorter hitter at the time hence reference to trying to extend his game but he seemed to be able to compete well for his age. Think he's been ranked outside the top 300 since about 2014. Currently 521st so a long climb back.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I saw a lot of his group in the Pro-Am at Wentworth quite a few years ago (2010?). While his putting was probably the best of the group, the 2 things that stood out for me were 1. The 'loudness' of his trousers - which continued for the tournament and 2. The number of 'advisors' he has with him! My overall perception was that while certainly talented, some of 'the other' attributes that are required to become a top professional player weren't (yet) there. While he won it (PGA at wentworth) in 2013, that sort of deed brings additional pressure that can be a burden (as well as a benefit) to some. I hope it ('major' success) hasn't come too soon for Emma Raducanu (particularly) and/or Cameron Norrie in Tennis.