Matchplay question

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Am sure this will be basic stuff, but I’m ashamed to say I don’t know the correct answer.

I’m off 24. Played today with a mate who is off 27. We normally play stableford but decided to play matchplay this time.

I knew I needed to give him a shot on 3 holes, but wasn’t sure which 3. Do I give him a shot on the 3 hardest holes (SI 1-3), or on the 3 holes he would normally get an extra shot on if we were playing stableford (SI 7-9)?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Am sure this will be basic stuff, but I’m ashamed to say I don’t know the correct answer.

I’m off 24. Played today with a mate who is off 27. We normally play stableford but decided to play matchplay this time.

I knew I needed to give him a shot on 3 holes, but wasn’t sure which 3. Do I give him a shot on the 3 hardest holes (SI 1-3), or on the 3 holes he would normally get an extra shot on if we were playing stableford (SI 7-9)?

3 with the lowest SI, so SIs 1-3

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
May l be the 99th person to point out that you don't give him shots on the three hardest holes. You give him shots on holes SI 1 to 3. Which is not necessarily the same thing.