Match Fixing - Scptland v Nigeria

D

Deleted member 1740

why is this game being played in LONDON,are the scots using it as a warm weather training game??

Think its something to do with Hampden Park being turned into a track&field stadia for the commonwealth games.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The cynic would say Scotland aren't good enough to fix a game but to give them their dues they are looking better under Strachan. Nigeria can blow hit and cold and may not relish it if the Scots can make a physical presence. Stick my neck out and I'm going 1-1 but Scotland to have a good night and run them close

C

c1973

Could it be most of the Nigerian squad is based in Europe so London was a good place for the squad to meet up?

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
The cynic would say Scotland aren't good enough to fix a game but to give them their dues they are looking better under Strachan. Nigeria can blow hit and cold and may not relish it if the Scots can make a physical presence. Stick my neck out and I'm going 1-1 but Scotland to have a good night and run them close

Think Nigeria are quite a physical team so probably up for a battle and I'm not sure Scotland really play that style nowadays anyway. Strictly speaking we're higher in the rankings than Nigeria and should be favourites to win. But it's a friendly so all bets are off and anything can happen!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Really disappoints me when a Scot puts club allegiance before Scotland - but fortunately that seems limited to a couple of clubs - and really really annoys me when that club allegiance turns positively against Scotland.

C

c1973

Really disappoints me when a Scot puts club allegiance before Scotland - but fortunately that seems limited to a couple of clubs - and really really annoys me when that club allegiance turns positively against Scotland.

Is that the sanitised version of post 20? ;)

It is a shame, completely agree with you there. I used to go to Scotland matches and I remember cheering on Scottish clubs in Europe ( with one exception of course ). But I've witnessed plenty over the years to change my mind in this respect, bitterness and hatred are not the sole reserve of the couple of clubs I believe you are alluding to.

Nowadays, I just have no interest in them, none, zilch, nada. I wouldn't open the curtains to watch them and I sure as hell wouldn't put my cash in.

What annoys me is Scotland fans 'celebrating' defeat in cities across Europe, pissed as a fart dancing in fountains and flashing their backside at anyone unfortunate enough to witness them. Imo that reflects negatively on the many Scots who would wish to support a winning team, but when the Tartan Army appears to be made up mostly by fans of the diddy teams then 'celebrating' defeat is to be expected I suppose.

Each to their own though.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Is that the sanitised version of post 20? ;)

It is a shame, completely agree with you there. I used to go to Scotland matches and I remember cheering on Scottish clubs in Europe ( with one exception of course ). But I've witnessed plenty over the years to change my mind in this respect, bitterness and hatred are not the sole reserve of the couple of clubs I believe you are alluding to.

Nowadays, I just have no interest in them, none, zilch, nada. I wouldn't open the curtains to watch them and I sure as hell wouldn't put my cash in.

What annoys me is Scotland fans 'celebrating' defeat in cities across Europe, pissed as a fart dancing in fountains and flashing their backside at anyone unfortunate enough to witness them. Imo that reflects negatively on the many Scots who would wish to support a winning team, but when the Tartan Army appears to be made up mostly by fans of the diddy teams then 'celebrating' defeat is to be expected I suppose.

Each to their own though.

As opposed to rioting.....

C

c1973

As opposed to rioting.....

As opposed to attacking 'sectarian' trams? :rofl:

You lot don't really 'get' Amsterdam do you, most folks go for a smoke and a bit of the other (if that way inclined), not to shoot one another and attack trams cos they happen to be Red, White n Blue!

I condemn those who rioted in Manchester, as did the club, an absolute disgrace, abhorrent behaviour. Your lot made excuses and invited some of the Amsterdam rioters for a guided tour, nuff said!

Does the moral high ground come free with the chip on your shoulder btw? You seem more interested in your rivals than your own mob. :)

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
For me it will have come from Nigeria ,one corrupt hole of a country that is, Nigeria play a lot of games in London as its easier for travelling. Just to add Rangers are a joke and should have been booted into touch same as my team Dundee but there still here so we have to put up with it.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Some desperately sad posts on here.
Gives a bit of an insight to the rest of the UK as to why so many true football fans in Scotland would be delighted to see the OF get their wish and join the EPL.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
As opposed to attacking 'sectarian' trams? :rofl:

You lot don't really 'get' Amsterdam do you, most folks go for a smoke and a bit of the other (if that way inclined), not to shoot one another and attack trams cos they happen to be Red, White n Blue!

I condemn those who rioted in Manchester, as did the club, an absolute disgrace, abhorrent behaviour. Your lot made excuses and invited some of the Amsterdam rioters for a guided tour, nuff said!

Does the moral high ground come free with the chip on your shoulder btw? You seem more interested in your rivals than your own mob. :)

Not at all I am merely pointing out that it is a bit odd that you take umbrage over fans getting pished after a defeat. Getting pished after another tanking or rioting? I know which one I prefer fans to be participating in and which one for me paints Scot's in a negative way and it's not the partying after a defeat.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Listened to a radio report the other day about how welcomed the Tartan Army are throughout Europe and how they adopt and continue to support a local charity with each visit.
Perhaps this and their ability to accept defeat in a sporting way that endears them to the local population.

C

c1973

Hey, as I've said here and on other posts on a similar subject I'm not asking anyone to agree with me. I've laid out my thoughts, pretty honestly imo knowing they would not be popular. If folks want to accept the national team and/or league structures those in charge of the Scottish game deliver, then continue in your unwavering loyalty. I do not and I will not support them, as is my right.

Also, with regard to sad posts, I notice that not one of the Scots have condemned the booing of a Rangers player making his debut for the national team. THAT, I believe, is what is sad about this thread and tells it's own story imo.

Dodger; I've condemned Manchester. I maybe never made my point clear enough though, as I've discussed previously with yourself and others, it is more the blind acceptance of the dross served up (to be fair wee chesney is doing better) that bugs me about the national support. I hope that's clearer.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Report on the radio this morning with regards to the alleged match fixing. Both footballing associations have agreed for tonights 3-3 draw to go ahead as scheduled :rofl: