Manners

CentralScot

Hacker
Visit site
Being the first time I have ever joined a forum I now realise I should probably have introduced myself before now but better late than never.

I am in the early part of my second year golfing after having given it up in my twenties (I wasn't any good then either).

I live in East Kilbride a few miles from Glasgow.

Even though it is one of the strangest things you can say in this part of the world - I don't like football!

In the few days I have been reading this forum I have learned lots and laughed out loud on a number of occasions.

Long may it continue :rolleyes:

David

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hello to you CS!

I only started here last week and forgot my introduction too.

I really like it on here and there's some great talks going on. Beats watching 'I'm a celebrity chef on ice-get my Big Brother out of here' etc. on the tellybox.

I'm slowly working my way through the 15 page back catalogue too- lots of stuff I always wanted to know popping up there .

cheers

Bill

Dormie

Club Champion
Visit site
You're from E/K David; nice place, spent a lot of time there in my youth, does the 'Stork Club' mean anything to you?!? or 'Splash'? showing my age there....
Which course you playing on up there mate, Cathkin Braes?

I'm new too and loving it; some great views and debates, think I'll stay........... ;)

CentralScot

Hacker
Visit site
Stork Club is where I met my wife, I went regularly and before that it was Downtown Miami or Downwind as we used to call it. If splash is showing your age then I must be ancient.

As I said on another thread my club is Portpatrick Dunskey but I only get to play there March to October(when down at our caravan) and the odd winter weekend.

otherwise I play at Torrance House, Troon or Langlands.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Welcome to the club, David.

Know what you mean about the footy! It's a good way of not being asked "which school you went to", if you know what I mean.

Chip in more often (see what I did there? Clever me.)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I love football but support Fulham so the two don't really go hand in hand.

Not sure I ever introduced myself when I came on here. Just snuck on I think (can't actualy remember how I came upon this weird and wonderful place)

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good to have you on board mate and yes I am one of the Spurs supporters. Really dont like football and never whatced a full game even through I work for a football club two days a week.

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I support St Johnstone so don't watch anything that even resembles football sometimes to be honest :D :D :D

ACP

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi David,

Like you, I've been reading the posts on this forum for a while now and have just registered myself today. Greetings to all you members!

I've enjoyed reading the various topics and have found most of them informative if not amusing - it all makes for a nice break during a day in the office!

AP

p.s Let's hope this rain clears up and the course is open this weekend! :)