Making steady progress (and buggy accidents)!

ArthurFarr

Visit site
Yes...shot an 84 this morning. Seeing steady progress now. Still included a couple of 3 putts, 3 doubles and 2 putts that were hanging over the lip. How annoying are those 1/4 cm tap-ins?

Last 3 rounds now are 86, 92, 84. Having restarted playing with a 104 back in June! Going to wait until I have 12 cards before putting in for the official handicap I think.

BTW has anybody seen somebody being properly run over by a golf buggy before? Happened at 6am in the car park to some older fella. He got hit then the driver panicked and hit the accelerator instead of the break and actually drove over him! Thankfully he was alright!

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Why wait, get your cards put in now and then have the pleasure of seeing your handicap drop in the next few months as you improve. You will get a decent handicap with those scores :)

ArthurFarr

Visit site
Why wait, get your cards put in now and then have the pleasure of seeing your handicap drop in the next few months as you improve. You will get a decent handicap with those scores :)

Am I wrong to be worried that the handicap will be too low for me? I feel that I'm a steady low 90s golfer despite what those cards say. Perhaps I should be more confident?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Most golfers think their handicap is wrong, they think it is too low, their playing partners think it is too high!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Your handicap will be up and down until you get 20 cards in and then should stabilise, don't worry about what it is to start with. Just get out and enjoy the golf

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Am I wrong to be worried that the handicap will be too low for me? I feel that I'm a steady low 90s golfer despite what those cards say. Perhaps I should be more confident?
The handicap used to be based on the best card you hand in, even though you handed in three anyway. I guess they still do it that way. But as mentioned above, eventually it evens out as it's your best 8 from the last 20 once you have that many scores down.

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
Yes...shot an 84 this morning. Seeing steady progress now. Still included a couple of 3 putts, 3 doubles and 2 putts that were hanging over the lip. How annoying are those 1/4 cm tap-ins?

Last 3 rounds now are 86, 92, 84. Having restarted playing with a 104 back in June! Going to wait until I have 12 cards before putting in for the official handicap I think.

BTW has anybody seen somebody being properly run over by a golf buggy before? Happened at 6am in the car park to some older fella. He got hit then the driver panicked and hit the accelerator instead of the break and actually drove over him! Thankfully he was alright!

Well done and those are good scores in a short space of time? Do you mind me asking if you are a natural or if you are practicing/having lessons pretty frequently?

ArthurFarr

Visit site
Well done and those are good scores in a short space of time? Do you mind me asking if you are a natural or if you are practicing/having lessons pretty frequently?
I used to play a lot as a teenager but then football took over. When that finished I had kids and couldn't devote the time. They're 17 & 16 now and often doing their own thing so I thought I'd get back into it. Have to say I am loving it.

Wife bought me a flexi membership before I fully committed and it's worked perfectly. I am a teacher so the holidays have been useful!