Make sure your club is obeying all the Health and Safety Regulations

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Oak Park in Surrey got a visit today to ensure this was being done and the word is that around the county, they are going to be out and about. Not sure yet if they are just being sensible or jobsworths.
I have already volunteered to marshal on both Saturday and Sunday mornings to make sure we have no issues.
The last thing golf needs is a couple of clubs ignoring the rules and getting themselves in the media to potentially spoil it for everyone else.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not insinuating at all but you know how some people can be. Once we hear back from a few more clubs, we will know the true intentions which I hope are doing it right.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not insinuating at all but you know how some people can be. Once we hear back from a few more clubs, we will know the true intentions which I hope are doing it right.

well its already been posted on here of one course where 2 2balls played 2nd to 17th as a 4 ball, maybe if golfers were doing it right they wouldnt have to worry

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
To echo howbow88 - who is it who's making these "visits".

I know at our place our protocols & proceses are designed to be slightly more "tight" than the guidelines- simply on the basis that we want to be ahead of the game - and we don't want people passing by (casually or deliberately) who can find anything to pick fault with.

JGolfer

Visit site
I guess my club is trying to. Clearly states on the booking sheet 2 balls only, 3 or 4 balls only allowed with household members(you had to call to book a 3 or 4 ball) no taking the flag out, one per buggy, no raking bunkers.

Was so happy when I went to book and seen 35 four balls booked in over the course of the day(While not impossible, I find it highly improbable that they where 35 sets of 4 people all living together, and I know 3 weren’t since I have played in a group with some of them and they do not live together) also was great to see there was 4, four balls in front of me, every single group took the flag out, stayed pretty grouped together and one group shared a buggy. Also you was only meant to go to the tee 5 minutes before your booking, as we drove past the first, we seen around 12 blokes all standing next to each other chatting away.

So really what even is the point in saying you have to call to book for a four ball and it’s only for household members, if you legit just let anybody call and book as a 4?

Unless it gets enforced see zero reason even making rules.

Dannyc

Visit site
I guess my club is trying to. Clearly states on the booking sheet 2 balls only, 3 or 4 balls only allowed with household members(you had to call to book a 3 or 4 ball) no taking the flag out, one per buggy, no raking bunkers.

Was so happy when I went to book and seen 35 four balls booked in over the course of the day(While not impossible, I find it highly improbable that they where 35 sets of 4 people all living together, and I know 3 weren’t since I have played in a group with some of them and they do not live together) also was great to see there was 4, four balls in front of me, every single group took the flag out, stayed pretty grouped together and one group shared a buggy. Also you was only meant to go to the tee 5 minutes before your booking, as we drove past the first, we seen around 12 blokes all standing next to each other chatting away.

So really what even is the point in saying you have to call to book for a four ball and it’s only for household members, if you legit just let anybody call and book as a 4?

What??
35 four balls on the first day
I assume it’s got be a pay and play course?
Ring the police that’s ridiculous

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
At MerristWood the manager and pro shop assistant were making sure everything was done by the book. I had to get my shoes and trolley out of my locker and it was strictly 1 at a time. Pro shop was 1 at a time too. Signage all over the course about how to play safe. Good to see things being done properly, hope it continues.

Yes Crown have set some proper rules and these have been implemented across the group. It just seems as though the Health and Safety Executive have decided to check up on golf courses and it only needs one or two idiots to potentially ruin it for everyone else.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes Crown have set some proper rules and these have been implemented across the group. It just seems as though the Health and Safety Executive have decided to check up on golf courses and it only needs one or two idiots to potentially ruin it for everyone else.
Absolutely, lets hope everyone can be sensible

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Booking as a 4 ball is impossible at the moment on our (intelligent golf) booking system. We allow 3 balls from the same household but the third person does not have to book. We have a starter and course rangers to ensure no groups have joined up to make 4 balls and social distance rules are being observed.