Maintaining wrist angle on down swing

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
what Hogan incorrectly referred to as 'supinated'. A bowed wrist at impact delofts the club, !

I think you are confused on what Hogan referred to as 'Supinated' He was not talking about the 'Bow' in the wrist when using that term, he was talking about the palm of the left hand turning upwards.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I think you are confused on what Hogan referred to as 'Supinated' He was not talking about the 'Bow' in the wrist when using that term, he was talking about the palm of the left hand turning upwards.

Indeed. I would/should have added the 'and subsequent .....' if I was certain that he actually did it - and what the precise term was.

But as supination is equivalent to 'rolling of the wrists' and that's apparently a 'No no', that didn't seem wise! :D

Here's one of many links challenging what Hogan's thought he did and what (videos/film show) he actually did: http://www.hititlonger.com/blog/article/hogans-mysterious-supination-swing-move/

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Here's one of many links challenging what Hogan's thought he did and what (videos/film show) he actually did:

I thought it was fairly common knowledge that what Hogan said that he did wasn't exactly true and the 5 Lessons whilst being an interesting read isn't a 'guide to golf' that should be followed. Add in the fact that the 1-plane and the 2-plane swing have different actions and you're at a place where his thoughts really aren't going to benefit many players at all, if any.

Nicklaus' book "Golf my way" is viewed along similar lines so I'm lead to believe.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Indeed. I would/should have added the 'and subsequent .....' if I was certain that he actually did it - and what the precise term was.

But as supination is equivalent to 'rolling of the wrists' and that's apparently a 'No no', that didn't seem wise! :D

Here's one of many links challenging what Hogan's thought he did and what (videos/film show) he actually did: http://www.hititlonger.com/blog/article/hogans-mysterious-supination-swing-move/

I didn't suggest he actually did it. I explained what he meant by Supination.