Lytham Green Drive Golf Club

Hendo007

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Anyone a member here or played it before or have anything to say about it ?

I'm heading down that way in a few weeks with the inlaws, the missus and the weans for a weeks holiday and the clubs are coming with me. I had a wee search and they have an open comp on during the time I am down there.

Anyone got any info on it ?

Cheers

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played there a couple of times as a kid. It's an alright course - tree lined but apart from that can't remember much, other than scoring relatively well.

I'm sure there's someone on here who's a member (fyldewhite?) so will let them give you more info but sure it'll be worth entering, if only to escape the family for a few hours!

Hendo007

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I played there a couple of times as a kid. It's an alright course - tree lined but apart from that can't remember much, other than scoring relatively well.

I'm sure there's someone on here who's a member (fyldewhite?) so will let them give you more info but sure it'll be worth entering, if only to escape the family for a few hours!

Cheers,

Exactly my thinking, a day away from everyone. Sound bliss :)

Iaing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
A decent course which used to be a final qualifier when the Open was at Lytham. Better courses in the area though, such as Fairhaven, St Annes Old Links and of course Royal Lytham.

NW Jocko ( Iain_NWJocko over by ) is a member at Fairhaven. A far better course than LGD.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jack_bfc is a new member there. I played it over Christmas, despite being in Lytham it is a parkland course, It has a couple of tricky holes but I thought it reasonably straight forward.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played it a lot over the years, got a few mates who are members there. Nice course, couple of holes you really have to hit the right shot from the tee (8th, don't go too long there's a ditch, caught me out twice now) but apart from that you should be able to plot you're way round without the help of a local.

Greens have always been nice, and the members always pleasant.

I'd agree though, Fairhaven & Old Links are a step up.

Jack_bfc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Jack_bfc is a new member there. I played it over Christmas, despite being in Lytham it is a parkland course, It has a couple of tricky holes but I thought it reasonably straight forward.

I am indeed a new member there, and it being my first fully paid up membership of a golf club I haven't got much to base it against..

But I like it, and despite people saying it is straight forward or even easy I still managed to mess up again this weekend with a mighty 11 on the par 4 14th.. 3 (yes 3) out of bounds off the tee.

I put it in the pond on the third and the hazard on the 4th. Apart from that I played 'OK'.....;)

If you want to watch me hack round I will gladly show you where not to hit your ball.

Hendo007

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am indeed a new member there, and it being my first fully paid up membership of a golf club I haven't got much to base it against..

But I like it, and despite people saying it is straight forward or even easy I still managed to mess up again this weekend with a mighty 11 on the par 4 14th.. 3 (yes 3) out of bounds off the tee.

I put it in the pond on the third and the hazard on the 4th. Apart from that I played 'OK'.....;)

If you want to watch me hack round I will gladly show you where not to hit your ball.

Thanks Jack,

The reason I was looking at this one is that there is an open comp, its a 36 hole open for H/C 8-15. IF the comp was on and I could into it then I'd deffo be up for it.

Could maybe go for a practice round a couple of days before or something and you could show me the way ?

I'll call the club seccy and see what the deal is and let you know.

Comp is on the 7th I think it was and I'll be down there (Marton Mere, I think its only about 10 mins away is that right ?) from the 2nd to the 9th June.