Lower Handicap

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
and get stuck on 12....like someone we know. :eek:

Having said that, it's only a matter of time now.
The demons, they wont stop making me think about everything, have I clipped my nails, will the hole in my left sock knock my balance off, Did I brush each tooth 44 times precisely before coming out this morning. :D

SWIIIIPE.

I dont know how that missed the fairway, I mean, minimum thoughts, good swing and some bling.... what happened? I think I'll mull it over for a fortnight and maybe blog my thoughts to the exactest detail.:D

Now I'm totally confused.
:D
Dont be, I was simply narrating the thoughts going through our prize 12 handicappers head, I hope we are both thinking about the same guy! haha otherwise this is pretty hopeless!

Practicing at home is one thing but it really is limiting, the only thing(s) that will improve is grip and at best finding the bottom of the ball more often.

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The thing that worked for me this year was finding more greens in regulation.
I spend time at the course playing as I can't stand practicing, I just drop 3 or 4 balls around 150y out and practise my approach shots that way.
That's the secret I believe to getting your handicap down, one thing I've noticed since improving my GIR stats I'm making less birdies than last year but am getting way more pars weird. :D

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
toad, i used to do them same when i was a junior member of another course. i agree it does work a treat. Balls on a range or on the practice range dont seem to get accurate feedback.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
In the mad and obsessive world of RGDave, I'd say the best thing you can do is;
1) go for lessons, find out what needs improving and spend your range time FOCUSSED on just one or two swing things.
2) when you get to play, see if you spare a little more time (before the game) on putting and chipping.

I had 2 hours free the other day and took 3 wedges and putter to the club. Next day, I had a season's best score....I think the way I did that wasn't down to my long game.